The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Hello from Suffolk, UK

Local time
3:42 PM
Reaction score
Just reserved my Grenadier (3rd June) and currently trying to swap my petrol engine for a diesel (why did I do that?).  I’m a farmer from Suffolk in England and we have 3 Defenders on the farm and my daily mode of transport is a 90 that has done 75k miles and I want to retire it and buy something that does all my Defender does and everything that it doesn’t, hence (hopefully) my Grenadier reservation. I also have a bi-turbo diesel BMW X5 which is just hitting 200k miles which has been abused on the farm for a number of years with absolutely no problems at all apart from the fact that it’s white and I am near the Essex border. We affectionately call it our Essex Range Rover. It has been brilliant. So a cross between my Defender 90 and a trashed BMW X5 makes me the perfect Grenadier customer? My off-road experience is pretty much every day trying to negotiate muddy farm tracks and not putting something in a ditch. Very little exploration stuff but currently have an iKamper on my (retired) Defender for light camping. Currently trying to work out how I can get a Grenadier on the farm before June 2023.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@JSP555 Nice to hear, that you have no problems with your X5 engine. It is same as in the Grenadier. I have driven both, the petrol an the Diesel. For me the Diesel is right one, because of towing heavy live stock trailers. Best regards to Suffolk.

Local time
Reaction score
Thank you! Yes, we too have livestock. Can’t quite think what I was doing ordering a petrol engine!

acwiltshire

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi from Wiltshire.  no farming stuff for me just retirement car for a rural area and picking up in the winter. Have a field master due for Oct build. Thanks so much for reassuring diesel info.nearly went petrol but pressed diesel on the configuration as head ruled.

Local time
Reaction score
Thank you Simon. Hopefully this will be my last diesel but it’s definitely the choice for the job it will have to do on the farm. Very best. John

Back
Top Bottom