The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Hello from Shropshire.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:31 AM
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. It sounds like a nice spec, but I must ask, have you seen the green with white roof? Stunning!

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:31 PM
Reaction score
I have, it’s a good look! When I ordered, a white roof wasn’t an option. I figured the black would give it a little more aggression.
Sela Green and Inky Black roof for me too 👍

Will look to wrap the left rear door and add black chequer plate to the front wings as well

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:31 AM
Reaction score
I've hemmed and hawed about the checker plate - I really am not font of the form but do welcome the function. One note about aftermarket plating was mentioned in another thread - apparently the factory spec'd setup involves extra support in the wings. I'll find the thread and link it when I do.

Hgreg91

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
I've hemmed and hawed about the checker plate - I really am not font of the form but do welcome the function. One note about aftermarket plating was mentioned in another thread - apparently the factory spec'd setup involves extra support in the wings. I'll find the thread and link it when I do.
That’s good to know. This doesn’t seem to be an option on the UK configurator.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:31 PM
Reaction score
The checker plate is made from a hard plastic which you can stand on but shatters in a crash.
The aluminium didn't pass vehicle testing as it can come of and go through the windscreen

Local time
6:31 AM
Reaction score
Hi all. Sela Green Trialmaster on order, supposedly arriving Jan/Feb. Black roof, 18 inch Steels, Safari Windows, Heated Seats, Standard Interior, Side Steps. Very much looking forward to collection day.
That is on the very short list of colours for me. No Safari Windows and add a winch all else the same. I cannot wait to see pictures of your truck. Welcome.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The checker plate is made from a hard plastic which you can stand on but shatters in a crash.
The aluminium didn't pass vehicle testing as it can come of and go through the windscreen
If the wings crumple like this then it's easy to imagine the chequerplate fixings shearing:
Screenshot_20210512_201817_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:31 PM
Reaction score
@DCPU thank you for publishing this crash test picture - exactly that I was looking for. also perhaps offset and side impact.
What I see here looks very promising. The persons are far away from crash zone. and doors, roof and anything after front axle seems in shape - this means doors can be opened and passengers can exit.

The worst for a vehicle of a brand just entering the market is a bad rating in crash test.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@DCPU thank you for publishing this crash test picture - exactly that I was looking for. also perhaps offset and side impact.
What I see here looks very promising. The persons are far away from crash zone. and doors, roof and anything after front axle seems in shape - this means doors can be opened and passengers can exit.

The worst for a vehicle of a brand just entering the market is a bad rating in crash test.
Hopefully the test has been done with high enough speed!

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This is in German .. perhaps someone can translate it.
DEKRA
Most of the tests are standard type - w. speed impacts of 10km/h 15 km/h and side impact (eg up to 60 km/h)

The crashes are against both deformable and indeformable obstructions simulating another car, wall, tree
If somebody says this is to low in speed if a person is in control of a vehicle it will try to use brakes and everything to minimize impact.
So most realistic impacts are at rather lower speeds. - The case of full speed collision is rather "rare".
In case of a full speed or high speed collision -there is very little what can be done. - Not current available restraint system or
tank like internal structure of a vehicle can "guarantee" to prevent a serious injury or death to passengers & driver
because of inertial law.
Even if a helmet is worn, neck protect and a 6 point belt + airbag.
There can be internal ruptures in organs etc.
Any of the classic collision tests represent or simulate only typical collision accidents as they occur most.
I know there were in the past certain design flaws - (Mercedes Benz "Ponton" 1950/60 - the car was solid, no technical crash zone.)
Survived even a collision against a tree. But driver and passenger were dead (broken neck)
because of no seat belt, no head / neckrest and other missing safety features. There was a bad joke "driver dead but car suffered no damages"
Later Mercedes Benz were one of the first to introduce "softer zones" to absorb kinetic energy.

When in Aufenau - I had a close look under the bonnet of IG . and the way engine . radiator and supporting elements are aligned as well as position of persons inside.
So, in total neither from front, rear or side impact there is in my opinion no obvious design flaw. (If you look e.g on older Mitsubishi L300 Minivans you see without being an automotive engineer there is very little distance between vehicle and drivers knees - no crash zone - and at rear - 3rd row - is close to rear window) There is very little imagination necessary what would happen.

So a collision in IG with a car or vehicle of same size or even a smaller van should be survivable under normal circumstances. - Any big one like a 10 Ton plus truck or hgv .. that 0.5 * M(kg) * v^2 (m/s^2) = Joules
E.g. a 40 Ton truck - at a bit less than 30 km/h 8m/s = 0.5* 40000*64 = 1,280,000 Joule 1.28MJ ( a 9mm Luger round produces a E0 muzzle-energy 350J-500J)
So.. no matter what crash test..

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This is in German .. perhaps someone can translate it.
DEKRA
Most of the tests are standard type - w. speed impacts of 10km/h 15 km/h and side impact (eg up to 60 km/h)

The crashes are against both deformable and indeformable obstructions simulating another car, wall, tree
If somebody says this is to low in speed if a person is in control of a vehicle it will try to use brakes and everything to minimize impact.
So most realistic impacts are at rather lower speeds. - The case of full speed collision is rather "rare".
In case of a full speed or high speed collision -there is very little what can be done. - Not current available restraint system or
tank like internal structure of a vehicle can "guarantee" to prevent a serious injury or death to passengers & driver
because of inertial law.
Even if a helmet is worn, neck protect and a 6 point belt + airbag.
There can be internal ruptures in organs etc.
Any of the classic collision tests represent or simulate only typical collision accidents as they occur most.
I know there were in the past certain design flaws - (Mercedes Benz "Ponton" 1950/60 - the car was solid, no technical crash zone.)
Survived even a collision against a tree. But driver and passenger were dead (broken neck)
because of no seat belt, no head / neckrest and other missing safety features. There was a bad joke "driver dead but car suffered no damages"
Later Mercedes Benz were one of the first to introduce "softer zones" to absorb kinetic energy.

When in Aufenau - I had a close look under the bonnet of IG . and the way engine . radiator and supporting elements are aligned as well as position of persons inside.
So, in total neither from front, rear or side impact there is in my opinion no obvious design flaw. (If you look e.g on older Mitsubishi L300 Minivans you see without being an automotive engineer there is very little distance between vehicle and drivers knees - no crash zone - and at rear - 3rd row - is close to rear window) There is very little imagination necessary what would happen.

So a collision in IG with a car or vehicle of same size or even a smaller van should be survivable under normal circumstances. - Any big one like a 10 Ton plus truck or hgv .. that 0.5 * M(kg) * v^2 (m/s^2) = Joules
E.g. a 40 Ton truck - at a bit less than 30 km/h 8m/s = 0.5* 40000*64 = 1,280,000 Joule 1.28MJ ( a 9mm Luger round produces a E0 muzzle-energy 350J-500J)
So.. no matter what crash test..

the frontal crash tests are done with a speed of 50 km/h.
Here everybody can have a look about the procedure:

Back
Top Bottom