The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Hello from Portlandia.

Local time
11:27 PM
Reaction score
Did my Reservation yesterday. Was waiting on a decision to cancel my Bronco Wildtrak order.  I am normally a motorcycle rider. Moving to the Pacific Northwest almost a decade ago has made me realize rain and open air driving are overrated. I also have two dogs and they do not ride bikes.   Owned a 2005 Jeep Sahara TJL. loved that truck, never had the rear seats in. Sold it to move north. Had a 78 F150 farm truck for a few years, but 10mpg, no defrost and wipers that almost worked. That was sold before the pandemic.  The Bronco was the only real option until I found the Grenadier randomly. There are lots of Defender 110 in Portland. Very expensive beautiful clean rigs for old tech.
I am looking forward to having a vehicle that is modern, easy and fun where two dogs can go places. Also the wife will not allow dead animals in her car.

RoadBuilder

Reservation Holder
Local time
1:27 AM
Reaction score
Love your German Shorthaired Pointers. Do you bird hunt?

RoadBuilder

Reservation Holder
Local time
1:27 AM
Reaction score
Opps. Sorry. Looked at the pictures on a small phone. Those are not GSP’s. Old eyes fooled me.

Local time
Reaction score
RoadBuilder said:
Opps. Sorry. Looked at the pictures on a small phone. Those are not GSP’s. Old eyes fooled me.

I should have explained what they are. Boy on the right is a Flat Coated Retriever and boy on the left is a Curly Coated Retriever.  Yes I have duck hunted with the FCR, the CCR is only 18 months and he is still immature for this past season.  Hopefully by the end of the year he will listen to me an not his nose.?

Local time
2:27 AM
Reaction score
Hello from Idaho
I have followed Grenadier almost from the back of envelope. My current ride is a 2013 V8 LR4. I noted recent comment on the decision between 4d Bronco Badland and the G. I have driven new Defender and I feel little comment needed... Last week, I drove a Bronco First edition.  So far, to me, that would provide space for 2 dog kennels, 2 hunters, and access to chukar. Plus abundant dealer "support". I plan to give the G a good hard look but would welcome your thoughts.
Formerly: D110, Disco2, LR3 V8, LR4 V8 (the best yet). 
Thank you.

wvgbishop

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
Also in Portland. I've got a Cocker Spaniel with a similar coat and facial structure as your flat coated retriever, just in a smaller overall package. Lots of fun to hunt with.
Had a reservation for a bronco but passed because I liked my current car more (08 Ford Explorer V8). I've been trying to find a replacement but nothing has the same interior cargo dimensions, towing capacity, and the right mix of convenience (bluetooth, handsfree audio). Except for maybe the LR4... Seems like the Grenadier has exactly what I'm looking for. Hoping the price comes in around 55k base (not holding my breath). 

Local time
Reaction score
I too have passed on the Bronco.  The Grenadier is to replace motorcycles. I want to hunt more and that is not an option on a bike. My schedule is different from my other friends who hunt/fish.  I am still training the CCR (18 months) and FCR he does not like to have dead things in his mouth.  He will find the duck but touching it is another story.

Nice to meet you, we should be getting a PNW buyers club for the Grenadier together soon.  There is another posting to find out how many are here.

https://www.theineosforum.com/post/pnw-members-12341837?pid=1332524777

Michael

wvgbishop said:
Also in Portland. I've got a Cocker Spaniel with a similar coat and facial structure as your flat coated retriever, just in a smaller overall package. Lots of fun to hunt with.
Had a reservation for a bronco but passed because I liked my current car more (08 Ford Explorer V8). I've been trying to find a replacement but nothing has the same interior cargo dimensions, towing capacity, and the right mix of convenience (bluetooth, handsfree audio). Except for maybe the LR4... Seems like the Grenadier has exactly what I'm looking for. Hoping the price comes in around 55k base (not holding my breath). 

Back
Top Bottom