The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Hello from NW England

Tonyh

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:16 PM
Reaction score
Was amongst one the first to place an order on a Grenadier but I had specific requirements. I did have a new Defender Van on order but after waiting over 12 months and having had little to no correspondence from the Dealer, I cancelled.

Currently have a Navara but its not a nice thing to be honest. My requirements were that it was not only comfy, but it could pull my car trailer with ease And qualify as a Commercial vehicle as I am putting it through the Business. The Defender was a good fit but the Ineos Station Wagon beat it as it had 5 seats and also side windows!

Have seen lots comparing it with the GWagon - those that have experienced these will know its quite a long way behind in terms of an overall vehicle. Lets face it, the vast majority won’t be taking them off road so taking that out of the equation, its a fairly basic vehicle.

Agree re comment made about Bowker Ribble Valley. Dave is a geat chap and runs off road excursion. Probably going to join his group and go ptoper off roading for a bit of fun.

Hopefully the vehicle should be coming soon, have gone for Donny Grey with just about every option ticked!!

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:16 PM
Reaction score
Welcome aboard!

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
4:16 PM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Was amongst one the first to place an order on a Grenadier but I had specific requirements. I did have a new Defender Van on order but after waiting over 12 months and having had little to no correspondence from the Dealer, I cancelled.

Currently have a Navara but its not a nice thing to be honest. My requirements were that it was not only comfy, but it could pull my car trailer with ease And qualify as a Commercial vehicle as I am putting it through the Business. The Defender was a good fit but the Ineos Station Wagon beat it as it had 5 seats and also side windows!
You need to check with your accountant as the Grenadier 5 seat station wagon is a car for HMRC purposes. Even the Defender Van is not a certainty for van status, although custom and practise suggests it would be fine, as the approved list has not been updated since 2014.

The thread https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/the-grenadier-hmrc-and-dvla.12411181/ refers.

Tonyh

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:16 PM
Reaction score
You need to check with your accountant as the Grenadier 5 seat station wagon is a car for HMRC purposes. Even the Defender Van is not a certainty for van status, although custom and practise suggests it would be fine, as the approved list has not been updated since 2014.

The thread https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/the-grenadier-hmrc-and-dvla.12411181/ refers.
TBH am just buying it and will see what comes out in the wash.
My mate bought a Defender Van and got tax and vat back no issues.
if my company buys it and it doesn’t qualify, will at least have saved 25% tax on profits.
Did a ton of homework prior to buying, am reasonably confident all will be ok

Back
Top Bottom