The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Hello from New Zealand

stuart1927

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:23 PM
Reaction score
Hi Folks....just placed my order and have a build date of March 2023. Quite a while to wait, but it's the only car I've been able to get truly excited about. It's tough getting access to interesting cars in New Zealand so I'm so pleased Ineos is bringing it here. Ive been a Land Rover D3 owner and older RR sport previously, and was considering a New Defender, but the huge cost (here in NZ) and concerns over reliability made me nervous about buying. The Grenadier just looks like a great option for me. 

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Welcome Stuart and if the 1927 is an indication of your age you will be wanting the car as soon as possible. But seriously the wait is hopefully going to be worth every minute.
I believe I first got wind of it in 2017 and have been waiting ever since. Searching for every crumb of information to be able to make a conscious decision and now have a December build month. Exciting times ahead. Hang in there.
I have traveled your beautiful land now quite a few times but mainly the south island but due to covid we have not for a few years. Our daughter lives, works and plays in Queenstown so if you live there let me know and we could shake hands in a week or so. We are traveling from our home in Buderim Queensland Australia.
Good luck with all,
Max

stuart1927

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Max userid=8980938 postid=1332838559]Welcome Stuart and if the 1927 is an indication of your age you will be wanting the car as soon as possible. But seriously the wait is hopefully going to be worth every minute.
I believe I first got wind of it in 2017 and have been waiting ever since. Searching for every crumb of information to be able to make a conscious decision and now have a December build month. Exciting times ahead. Hang in there.
I have traveled your beautiful land now quite a few times but mainly the south island but due to covid we have not for a few years. Our daughter lives, works and plays in Queenstown so if you live there let me know and we could shake hands in a week or so. We are traveling from our home in Buderim Queensland Australia.
Good luck with all,
Max[/QUOTE] Hi Max.....I'm a wee bit younger than that. (40 years younger!) I only moved to NZ a year ago and live in the North Island (New Plymouth) ...I came over from Scotland so more similarities than differences. Good to hear from you and to connect with a fellow Grenadier! I ordered an eldoret blue (with Scottish white roof) Fieldmaster edition, with the rough pack and a few extra goodies so it should be awesome!  ...Stuart

PT70

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:23 AM
Reaction score
Hi Stuart,
Congratulations on placing your order. I am based in Auckland and have a February build Fieldmaster with rough pack plus extras in Scottish White. The moment it arrives I'm taking 3 weeks off and touring the South Island. Like Max, I have searched for every piece of information available and am now addicted to this forum, the level of knowledge and expertise is incredible.
Cheers Paul

stuart1927

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=PT70 userid=8992980 postid=1332838813]Hi Stuart,
Congratulations on placing your order. I am based in Auckland and have a February build Fieldmaster with rough pack plus extras in Scottish White. The moment it arrives I'm taking 3 weeks off and touring the South Island. Like Max, I have searched for every piece of information available and am now addicted to this forum, the level of knowledge and expertise is incredible.
Cheers Paul[/QUOTE] Hi Paul.....congratulations to you too! Sounds like a nice car you have ordered. I'm sure I have followed a similar path to you....my wife is sick of me scouring youtube for Grenadier videos! I did hear that they are assuming a 3 month period from build to delivery to customers in NZ, so I'll be mentally preparing myself for delivery this time next year.  However, considering I put my name on the list for a Land cruiser 300 GR Sport and they won't even take formal  orders ...the Grenadier seems like a reasonable option (and a better car anyway!) If you get yours earler than me and take your trip to the South Island, drop in to New Plymouth! Cheers...Stuart

PT70

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:23 AM
Reaction score
Very true regarding the youtube videos. There is only one vehicle in the world that could entice me to watch youtube videos in Spainish, German, various eastern European languages and French all for the chance to see something that other videos have missed.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Sounds like we are as mad about the Grenadier as each other...I to know more about Spanish, German and other languages...and eventually, my Grenadier and I will torque Diesel...cheers Max

Back
Top Bottom