The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Hello from LKC TX

LKC TX Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:18 AM
Reaction score
Hello Forum. Just picked up my MM Grenadier from Mossy Grenadier Houston last week. I'm a detail nut so have already paint corrected & applied Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light (CSL) and EXO v5 ceramic coating to entire vehicle along with all plastics. I just dropped her off at XPEL Houston for Paint Protection Film (PPF) and window tint. Should obtain late this week and will finalize ceramic coating of the PPF. XPEL is probably 60 days away from releasing high impact film for front windshield, which is needed in Texas.

Attachments

• Detail Pic.jpg
    Detail Pic.jpg
    875.6 KB · Views: 48

lagartoboy

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Hello Forum. Just picked up my MM Grenadier from Mossy Grenadier Houston last week. I'm a detail nut so have already paint corrected & applied Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light (CSL) and EXO v5 ceramic coating to entire vehicle along with all plastics. I just dropped her off at XPEL Houston for Paint Protection Film (PPF) and window tint. Should obtain late this week and will finalize ceramic coating of the PPF. XPEL is probably 60 days away from releasing high impact film for front windshield, which is needed in Texas.
Welcome to the forum and congrats!

Shroomy

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Awesome; and welcome to the forum. I just picked-up my MM on Monday after having it completely wrapped in PPF this last week. Interested in the Xpel windshield protection as I currently use a product from Racing Optics on my Jeep 392. I agree Windshield protection is a must.

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Congrats to both. Where are you guys getting your PPF?

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:18 AM
Reaction score
Congra
Congratulations and welcome here! Nice pic.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:18 AM
Reaction score
HI LKC TX Grenadier, I would be interested in knowing more about how you used the Gtechniq products.
1 - What size of how many of each bottles did you need for the Grenadier?
2 - Did you first use the Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light (CSL) and then top coat it with the EXO v5 ceramic coating?
3- Did you do any interior plastics or leather?
4 - How easy was it to apply. I once used Gtechniq on my rims and I found out you should only do a small section at at time or it would start to gum up on you.
DaBull

Shroomy

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Congrats to both. Where are you guys getting your PPF?
I have used 2 different installers & PPF wraps within the last year on 2 different vehicles. I had a place called Supreme Wraps Dallas do a full XPEL Fusion PPF with XR Plus window tint on my Jeep 392. But recently on the my Grenadier used Wrap Garage which used the 3M PPF with crystalline tint on the windows. This is mainly to see which one holds up ( brush pinstripe, rock-chips, bugs/bird-shit, mud etc...) long term as I plan on using both of these off-roaders as they are designed.

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'm thinking of doing the prototype PPF. Hopefully I can find a place that doesn't cut on the car. I've had it done before where the guy cut on the car and later, after I took off the PPF they also cut into the paint!

LKC TX Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
HI LKC TX Grenadier, I would be interested in knowing more about how you used the Gtechniq products.
1 - What size of how many of each bottles did you need for the Grenadier?
2 - Did you first use the Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light (CSL) and then top coat it with the EXO v5 ceramic coating?
3- Did you do any interior plastics or leather?
4 - How easy was it to apply. I once used Gtechniq on my rims and I found out you should only do a small section at at time or it would start to gum up on you.
DaBull
I have been ceramic coating my own cars and some friends for a few years now. The prep time is most crucial. I find that Gtechniq is easy to apply and forgiving (within reason). Yes, you will Polish & prep paint prior to application. CSL 1st followed by EXO v5. I typically allow 12+hrs between coats but believe minimum recommended time is 2hrs. You will want to do smaller sections with CSL (2'x3') however EXO goes further after that CSL application so you can do 1/2 door, 1/2 hood for example. It took 1.5 of the 30ml bottles of CSL & EXO. I suspect you could get away with 50ml bottle of each. I am sure there are many great sources but I use & watch ObsessedGarage videos & such to dial in skills.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:18 AM
Reaction score
Quick after photos. Xpel Fusion PPF & Xpel Prime XR Plus window tint. I did every single window, safari being at 15%.
Looking good! How dark did you go on the rest of the windows and windshield? I just made my appointment to have mine tinted and it isn't even here yet :ROFLMAO:

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:18 AM
Reaction score
I have been ceramic coating my own cars and some friends for a few years now. The prep time is most crucial. I find that Gtechniq is easy to apply and forgiving (within reason). Yes, you will Polish & prep paint prior to application. CSL 1st followed by EXO v5. I typically allow 12+hrs between coats but believe minimum recommended time is 2hrs. You will want to do smaller sections with CSL (2'x3') however EXO goes further after that CSL application so you can do 1/2 door, 1/2 hood for example. It took 1.5 of the 30ml bottles of CSL & EXO. I suspect you could get away with 50ml bottle of each. I am sure there are many great sources but I use & watch ObsessedGarage videos & such to dial in skills.
Thanks for the info. Can you apply the Gtechniq CSL and EXO v5 to the hard plastics like the fender flairs and the aluminum powder coated utility rails without it turning white? DaBull

LKC TX Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Can you apply the Gtechniq CSL and EXO v5 to the hard plastics like the fender flairs and the aluminum powder coated utility rails without it turning white? DaBull
Yes, the combination does wonders on all plastics. Just be sure to wipe excess after application or you could end up with some white spots in those areas. I applied to all plastics & metal bumpers.

Hill Country TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Welcome.

I picked my Black Fieldmaster up from Mossy on 3/9. I’m down in the Galleria area and just starting to look at PPF and tint options.

Really appreciate you sharing.

rac557

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Xpel Houston. Xpel has the template so no cutting concerns. They are basically on I45 & Beltway 8 area. Very close to Porsche North Houston. 713.373.3546
Yours looks great! Will check them out and see when they can do mine.

Back
Top Bottom