The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Hello from Lincolnshire, UK

andybee

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
8:29 PM
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm Andy, 49 and live in near Snitterby in the northern part of Lincolnshire. I thought I'd say hello as I've recently ordered and paid my deposit on a Grenadier. I've gone for a diesel Station Wagon in Magic Mushroom with Rough Pack, 18" alloys, black leather (which I'll probably then just over with cloth covers!), tailgate table, interior utility rails, emergency kit plus and the wild luxury of heated washer jets! Spoke to the dealer this morning and we are apparently looking at an April build, which I thought was pretty good.

As I haven't signed my contract yet, I can still change the spec, so I'll be very interested to hear about any 'must haves' that people are adding :)

Best,
Andy

acwiltshire

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
4:29 PM
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm Andy, 49 and live in near Snitterby in the northern part of Lincolnshire. I thought I'd say hello as I've recently ordered and paid my deposit on a Grenadier. I've gone for a diesel Station Wagon in Magic Mushroom with Rough Pack, 18" alloys, black leather (which I'll probably then just over with cloth covers!), tailgate table, interior utility rails, emergency kit plus and the wild luxury of heated washer jets! Spoke to the dealer this morning and we are apparently looking at an April build, which I thought was pretty good.

As I haven't signed my contract yet, I can still change the spec, so I'll be very interested to hear about any 'must haves' that people are adding :)

Best,
Andy
Sounds a great delivery forecast. Welcolm from another yellow belly

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:29 AM
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Best,
Andy
Must have at order time, if you want them, are Safari windows, diff locks & wiring kit.
They can't be fitted later

andybee

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Must have at order time, if you want them, are Safari windows, diff locks & wiring kit.
They can't be fitted later

Thanks for this. I've gone for the diff locks and I'll take a look at the options again for the wiring kit. I'm not sure about the Safari windows - they look like something that might end up leaking! :)

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:29 PM
Reaction score
Thanks for this. I've gone for the diff locks and I'll take a look at the options again for the wiring kit. I'm not sure about the Safari windows - they look like something that might end up leaking! :)
They end up letting the light into your driving suite! My sunroof in the Defender is waterproof since I rebuild the rusty and broken iron fittings in the front with stainless steel sheets.
If I can do it Ineos can do it as well!

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:29 AM
Reaction score
I have ordered all 3
The safari windows seal very well from what I have seen.
They are hinged at the front and the rear is a very simple hinged lock that takes a bit of strength to close.
the seal itself was substantial
Of course we won't know until a few years time.

Even if you only use 20% of what the wiring harness offers I think it is well worth it.
1671572194584.png1671572250843.png1671572224996.png

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
7:29 AM
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Andy. I'm sure you will find it as useful, entertaining and informative as myself.
Just beware , many of us are not as useful as the Cat , but we aim to entertain and on occasion , completely derail threads - to the consternation of others :LOL:

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:29 AM
Reaction score
They end up letting the light into your driving suite! My sunroof in the Defender is waterproof since I rebuild the rusty and broken iron fittings in the front with stainless steel sheets.
If I can do it Ineos can do it as well!
Yup, just need to occasionally clean the little drains that run from the safari windows to the A pillar(?). Didn’t check but that’s where they normally exit.

Local time
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Best,
Andy
I'll keep an eye out for it passing by the Oak in the near future!

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Best,
Andy
Welcome Andy
I think you will get great benefit from this forum which in my experience is as good as it gets.
Regards your colour. If I was choosing again, MM would be high up the list with black roof and red chassis. A bit ‘Tonka’ toy but a proper boys toy in that colour scheme.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It's now 18 October and Inoes, as yet cannot fit a Towbar to the vehicle after it has been produced.

This is my only complaint and maybe enough to warrant us selling the vehicle.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It's now 18 October and Inoes, as yet cannot fit a Towbar to the vehicle after it has been produced.

Contact Buzz Overland. I’m sure they told me they were developing a work a round.

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Contact Buzz Overland. I’m sure they told me they were developing a work a round.
Extract from FB:

1697668678118.png

Back
Top Bottom