The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Hello from Hesse, Germany

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
1:53 AM
Reaction score
Welcome!

From where in Germany are you?
I am close to Darmstadt.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi emax,
me 2, close to Darmstadt. :)
So this means your potential IG agent is K&E like ours..
I am Niddatal - south west of Friedberg / Hesse..

So this is your first 4x4 ? What is the reason for this If I am permitted to ask. Nowadays going to an old school offroader is quite some decision.

Btw just received some call - somebody wants to buy my Disco.. if my Grenadier hasnt arrived yet?
I wont sell (if at all) my Disco until Grenadier is at home and some time to overlap just in case.. The idea of selling the Disco becomes more and more uncomfortable to me.. (like selling any of my firearms.. rather.. no)

IGL

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi klarie,

For the last 20+ years I was driving 40K+ kilometers per year for business reason. So many traffic jams I stuck in, and I always wished I could leave the Autobahn and drive across the country to shorten waiting time or to find another road.

When LR announced the termination of Defender production, my wife and I (=we) had a close look-and-feel and a test drive (on-road) with one of the farewell edition models. Well, the look-and-feel were good, but to be honest, we didn’t like the drive very much. For us it felt like driving a vintage car pimped with some up-to-date features.

The first pics of the successor of the LR Defender looked too modern to us, like a piece of soap, like all the other LRs.

The first pics of the IG instead made us happy; it looked modern and familiar at the same time.

Last Saturday we had a close look-and-feel at our local IG dealer, a test drive will follow. The look-and-feel was gourgeous. Now we would name us IGLovers, even before test driving.

On Sunday we ordered an IG Trialmaster Diesel, magic mushroom with some extras. Dealer said that it will take minimum 12 month until delivery, so a lot of time of anticipation.

Yes, we never went off-road before, I won’t count the unpaved roads in AUS, USA, CAN and RSA as off-road, because they still were roads.

Future will show if I/we really do a lot of off-road with the IG, because we're having no off-road experience so far. But it’s never too late to start into unknown areas.

I hope that "look-and-feel" is an English expression and not a pseudo-anglicism.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@IGL your history seems similar to mine, spent 40tkm on the road plus air traffic plus train in Europe
I was never really attracted to sports cars or supercars I had twice some relatively fast vehicles but I am rather a cruiser.. coffee, country music..
why going at 140 mph.. to much stress.
my 4x4 skill began when my dad sold Mitsubishi Pajero and repaired and serviced occasionally Jeep, Munga, Suzuki.. so I learned to drive off the road.
but never really needed one instead I had classic vehicles station or van with children and bicycle..
The 4x4 demand came with my hunting license.
ordered the Grenadier as Fieldmaster but with some trialmaster capabilities.. and Magic Mushroom so best of both worlds.
So wait for 1 year.. ok optimistic then..
Lets see..

Back
Top Bottom