The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Hello from Brisbane, Australia

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:52 PM
Reaction score
Yep. I had a used 60 series Toyo for 8 years then 2 new 80 series over a 15 year period. Totally reliable , utterly boring! At 60, I'm looking for adventure before dementia!
I've ticked the 1st risky box and will live with the consequences. But my gut feeling is that the choice is a good one.
Yep - 58 here - close on your heels.
Like I said, I’m close to changing marques - but I’m an analyst at heart, and my head needs to be convinced my heart is making the right call. I’ll drive it in December, and then I fully expect I’ll sign on rhe dotted line soon after. 😂😂

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Make Sense? Unfortunately, not to me.
I would've hedged my bets a bit more.
You could've whacked a refundable $5000 deposit down.
This would've bought you at least 6 months of decision making time, before you had to make up your mind.
After touching and driving the IG, and more hours spent on this forum reading guys driving experiences, you could've then made up your mind after a lot more research.

If you didn't like the IG, then you could get your $5000 back.
If you did, well you just saved yourself $10,000.

Each to their own though, it's a free world.
Like someone said before Davman, fortune favours rhe brave. I look forward to taking delivery and thinking why didn’t I take rhe risk. 😉

That said, I tried to log in today before going on a long lunch and the site was down, so I probably needed to have bitten the bullet yesterday anyway.

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Like someone said before Davman, fortune favours rhe brave. I look forward to taking delivery and thinking why didn’t I take rhe risk. 😉

That said, I tried to log in today before going on a long lunch and the site was down, so I probably needed to have bitten the bullet yesterday anyway.
Well hang around on the forum mate, we will all learn heaps more about the car as time progresses.

Last edited:

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Interesting that they now are pricing the Base SW 5 Seat version at the same price as the LC300 GX.

Perhaps once the LC300 orders come back online, Toyota might start charging more for them, like they just did for the Corolla.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:52 AM
Reaction score
My increase would be around 5 k €. As the contract is signed since Monday I guess it will not bother me in real world.
Regarding the exceptional rises in Australias prices I would say that t are caused by risen sea fright costs

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Bloody hell.
Just checked in - price up $14k to over $123k drive away.
Unbelievable.
I just noticed that there is currently a bit of a discrepancy in the configurators, which perhaps means we just need to wait a little while until the dust settles.
For example if you log into your account, start a brand new configuration, then the drive away price varies dramatically to the drive away price that you have for exactly the same configuration that you have previously "saved". The previously saved one is considerably higher - almost double the increase.
So there are a lot of web glitches still - what we have all come to love about the INEOS website.

Perhaps its all part of the web developers plans, at least this way they can promote how their website drives customers to return again and again.
Yeah - because its crap.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:52 AM
Reaction score
A bit worrisome about where things will stand by the time these make it to the States.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:52 AM
Reaction score
If it's any consolation, there was Lord Wolfson, chief executive of the clothing retailer Next plc, on the radio yesterday saying that he was seeing downwards movement in factory prices as supply was starting to outstrip demand.

Look at the actual prices Ineos announced and there's some large price decreases alongside the headline increases...

Back
Top Bottom