The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Hello from Armenia!

arakeghedzig

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
4:39 PM
Reaction score
Aaron here, my first time posting on the forum after preordering the IG for delivery in California (Basecamp).
Been on a few other forums for cars I've owned that have been invaluable like LR & Tesla.

Anyone from Pasadena/Glendale/Southern California area?
Any fellow Armenians on here?

arakeghedzig

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Thought I would share more about myself -
I'm in my early 30's, and I now work as a consultant in the health care industry for physician groups.
During the summers I volunteer in the country of Armenia setting up primary care practices in remote regions.
I have a young family (a 3 year old, and a newborn), I drive a 2018 Model S as my daily to/from work.
We have a Mercedes GLE Coupe that my wife uses, and a 2020 Defender for special trips (only 12000 miles).

My Ineos story is actually serendipitous - I had never heard of the car until Jun 27 (last day for preorders in USA was June 30).
Our GLE is in the process of being lemoned for constant battery drain issues. We were given a G500 as a loaner by our MBZ dealership (my neighbor is a part-owner) and we really enjoyed it after driving it for 2 weeks. My favorite feature was the doors, so heavy. Way out of my budget even for a base model, and too luxurious. But I couldn't get my mind off of it, and thought it would be cool if I had a 2016 defender to complement our 110 - yea, turned out I had to wait 25 years for that.

My budget is 75k since our R1S reservation (we signed the contract pre-pandemic for a quad motor) has 30k in equity off the line and would be a great flip opportunity.
So I looked to see if there were other new cars coming out for the wife, and the 24 Lexus GX was the top contender - until I came across a start-up British car, made in France with a Supra engine, a Z4 shifter, the front end of a defender, the body of a Gwagon, with the nicest a** I've ever seen next to our defender. Pre-Order now for priority delivery? Oh. Yes. Inky w/ Safari windows please. Click!

BillyBunter

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:39 AM
Reaction score
Hello! I'm not Armenian but my wife is. We have family in California but also in Armenia as well. For a minute I thought you were taking delivery of your Grenadier in Yerevan. Might be handy in certain places slightly east of there... I was there about 20 years ago.

arakeghedzig

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
@BillyBunter Hello from across the pond! An IG would definitely be fun to drive in Armenia - but if I'm not mistaken most of the cars here run off natural gas!

Back
Top Bottom