The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Heated Windshield is there one????

froggy

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:43 PM
Reaction score
The grenadier doesn't have a FHW, it is not identified in the order confirmation unlike the HRW and heated washers. I suspect that this is a latent patent issue. Ford owed the patent for the HFW and as a consequence all brands owned or previously owned by Ford have HFWs. Hence BMW, FIat, and Mini didn't.
Both my Fiat Pandas 2011 and 2016 have HFW

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:43 PM
Reaction score
Both my Fiat Pandas 2011 and 2016 have HFW
Curious my wife has a 2018 Fiat 124 Spider and that doesn't have one! It really needs one. Certainly by 2016 it was in general use by manufactures.

froggy

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Curious my wife has a 2018 Fiat 124 Spider and that doesn't have one! It really needs one. Certainly by 2016 it was in general use by manufactures.
It was an option on Pandas. I live in the alps so very useful. Shame Grenadier doesn’t have it but will still mainly use Panda in winter.

joejet

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The first heated front windscreen was designed by Ford and was called “Quickclear”. It’s been on the European market since the 80s and because Ford’s patent for it expired some years back, many manufacturers can now offer similar technology.
Here’s a handy list of those that do:

• Ford Motor Company
  • Land/Range Rover
  • Skoda
  • Mini
  • Nissan
  • SEAT
  • Jaguar
  • Volkswagen
  • Vauxhall
  • Aston Martin
  • Volvo
+ Fiat as confirmed by froggy.I

Bazaboy69

Production/Transit
Local time
5:43 PM
Reaction score
I watched a walk round video by a dealer today that claimed a heated windscreen was part of the smooth pack so is on the trailmaster and feildmaster, along with the mirrors and washers too

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I watched a walk round video by a dealer today that claimed a heated windscreen was part of the smooth pack so is on the trailmaster and feildmaster, along with the mirrors and washers too
It's going to be bonus if it is actually an electric heated windscreen. I'm still sceptical though. That rocker switch insignia is also used for the hot air windscreen booster on other cars. It is not mentioned in any IG literature as a electric HFW.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I guess it's an electric air heater for the windscreen defrosting.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It's going to be bonus if it is actually an electric heated windscreen. I'm still sceptical though. That rocker switch insignia is also used for the hot air windscreen booster on other cars. It is not mentioned in any IG literature as a electric HFW.
Just a guess ...
The "zone button" changes the zone of the blowing, but doesn't change the strength.
The front "Window Demist" changes the zone to the windscreen and blows at highest strength, perhaps with an electric heater as @emax suggests. When you "unpress" the bottom, it goes back to the settings you had before pressing the button.

Bazaboy69

Production/Transit
Local time
5:43 PM
Reaction score
If it's the same video you guys seen that I've just watched it was quite good, first time I've seen those sockets on the roof as well

joejet

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

If its form this video he says defroster and rear heated window, I sitll have fingers crossed but someone said (Halliwell Jones maybe)it took a minute and a half to clear an iced windscreen so maybe or maybe its an electric heater on the demist fan.

EDIT

Here is the Halliwell Jones post

Last edited:

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If its form this video he says defroster and rear heated window, I sitll have fingers crossed but someone said (Halliwell Jones maybe)it took a minute and a half to clear an iced windscreen so maybe or maybe its an electric heater on the demist fan.

EDIT

Here is the Halliwell Jones post
Possible but it certainly isn't a HFW because if it was you would see the elements within the windscreen as it defrosted

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I would think an electric heater would be the best solution. Heating wires in a windshield make replacement expensive. And I'm not sure how it looks in direct sunlight.

A defroster is only necessary for a few minutes in the morning. So for the rest of the day, there is no need for heater wires in the windshield, since the engine will be warm enough to de-ice the windshield.

Local time
Reaction score
Found another option, looks fun! Sorry its not the video.

View attachment 7802349
Does this come standard with all trims, or is it an option? Will this raise my car insurance rates? Will it raise my home owner's insurance? Does the helmet come standard with the flame thrower or is it an accessory? So many questions...

Back
Top Bottom