The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Headlight Recall

JOB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:51 AM
Reaction score
I was contacted by my agent yesterday in order to arrange a few minor fixes. While on the phone discussing everything IG and giving my largely positive feedback, the agent mentioned that there is currently a “check” being done on all cars that go back in on the headlights and that certain cars are being held until further instruction from Ineos. I was surprised by this and actually wonder if it might be that the headlights are too bright? I have noticed nothing wrong with my lights, my only observation is that they are mega bright and very good for country lane night driving. I hope they aren’t to be replaced for inferior possibly less dazzling units at the expense of brightness?

Is anyone’s vehicle so far affected by this and can anyone shed any light on the recall? 🤣

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:51 PM
Reaction score
I was contacted by my agent yesterday in order to arrange a few minor fixes. While on the phone discussing everything IG and giving my largely positive feedback, the agent mentioned that there is currently a “check” being done on all cars that go back in on the headlights and that certain cars are being held until further instruction from Ineos. I was surprised by this and actually wonder if it might be that the headlights are too bright? I have noticed nothing wrong with my lights, my only observation is that they are mega bright and very good for country lane night driving. I hope they aren’t to be replaced for inferior possibly less dazzling units at the expense of brightness?

Is anyone’s vehicle so far affected by this and can anyone shed any light on the recall? 🤣
I'm booked in early tomorrow (Mon Bris. time) to get the side runners fitted. I'll ask about headlights...

Tomdoc

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Hi mate I am in Nottingham - which dealer are you with? Nothing from Sandicliffe in Nottingham about this.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

I have heard there are V1 and V2 not sure what the bulletin says will try to find out dont want them any less bright.
I took the car to the dealership this morning for the side runners to be fitted. My arthritic hip is feeling better already!
There was a hint of surprise when I enquired about the headlight recall. When asked how I was aware of it I replied that ... "I follow theineosforum.com !"
😁
"It's a 24/7 global contribution/self learning exercise "...:ROFLMAO:
They were suitably impressed! I was advised there is some uncertainty as to exactly what they understand the "problem" to be, other than it supposedly affects some vehicles with the middle (low beam) headlamp LEDs marked V2. Both my middle LEDs are marked V2, but my VIN is not currently on the recall list... It would seem a "module" needs to be fitted to affected vehicles, but apparently the manufacturer can't presently supply the parts.... (teething issues.?)

I must say, the Brisbane dealership is beginning to "hit its straps" ..(y)they have another batch of vehicles next week.
The chief tech put the car on the hoist for me and we had a good look around. Most educational!
He pointed out the fuel/water separator and the inline filter...both are readily accessible....

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
He pointed out the fuel/water separator and the inline filter...both are readily accessible....
Denis
Is the inline fuel filter under the engine towards the front? Do you have a Diesel engine?

Last edited:

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Denis
Is the inline fuel filter under the engine towards the front? Diesel engine?
Nay sire!;) Slightly to the rear of the mid-line of the rear LHS passenger door. It's a cylinder -at a (very) rough guess about 50mm in diameter and about 120-150mm in length, retained in a white coloured plastic "saddle" clip which is screwed to a "vertical" surface... It's visible from the RHS although the view is partially restricted by a/the ?muffler.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Nay sire!;) Slightly to the rear of the mid-line of the rear LHS passenger door. It's a cylinder -at a (very) rough guess about 50mm in diameter and about 120-150mm in length, retained in a white coloured plastic "saddle" clip which is screwed to a "vertical" surface... It's visible from the RHS although the view is partially restricted by a/the ?muffler.
Thanks, it is located in the same place in BMW cars. Now I have confirmation.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
it supposedly affects some vehicles with the middle (low beam) headlamp LEDs marked V2. Both my middle LEDs are marked V2
Where is the marking?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
👍😎

Mine are the same as @CountyV8:
IMG_20230807_140827699.jpg

@DenisM - any difference in the final/any digits printed on the lens - perhaps the 0004 right at the end?
IMG_20230807_141034307.jpg

Last edited:

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks I have never seen that image. I added the link over on the thread about Diesel fuel filters over here.

Local time
Reaction score
I don't have a version number so could this be 0? 1 or 2?????.
Answers on a post card
BYW its a petrol trial master RHD
IMG_8216.jpg

Local time
Reaction score
That photograph was taken through the thick lens of the headlight couldn’t get the camera to focus properly

JOB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Both my middle LEDs are marked V2, but my VIN is not currently on the recall list... It would seem a "module" needs to be fitted to affected vehicles, but apparently the manufacturer can't presently supply the parts.... (teething issues.?)
Just checked and mine are the same as yours; V2. Same etching on the main headlight glass as posted by @DCPU though. Do we know what this 'module' will do?

Back
Top Bottom