The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Has anyone received theirs?

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:06 PM
Reaction score
I’m in the US but thought they were starting delivery in June. Just wanting some real world opinions.

cheswick

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:06 AM
Reaction score
The earliest build date I’ve seen is September, maybe there are some in August. I’m just speculating but they’d probably want to use the first production vehicles to populate dealerships and lock in those who are wavering having not gone through the test drive ceremony.

Ferrugenfish

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=FlyingTexan userid=8915075 postid=1332974988]I’m in the US but thought they were starting delivery in June. Just wanting some real world opinions.[/QUOTE]

Are you asking about U.S. deliveries specifically?  The earliest build date I've seen is September too (not in the U.S.).  I'm eagerly awaiting everyone outside of the U.S. to get theirs and share how it is for them compared to their expectations., share their videos etc.  I'm actually really glad the U.S. is in over a year (I'm in CA)

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Ferrugenfish userid=9004165 postid=1332976261]

Are you asking about U.S. deliveries specifically?  The earliest build date I've seen is September too (not in the U.S.).  I'm eagerly awaiting everyone outside of the U.S. to get theirs and share how it is for them compared to their expectations., share their videos etc.  I'm actually really glad the U.S. is in over a year (I'm in CA)[/QUOTE] not US specific just wanted to find a real world review and live vicariously through others.

Local time
Reaction score
I also have heard that the first build date appears to be September 2022. And, although I wish the U.S. would be able to order sooner, I look forward to hearing what others have to say about their new Grenadiers. I am from South Louisiana and would love to hear who else in the states have place a deposit for one.  The GRUNT site would help us all with knowing this information if anyone is interested in being a part of it.

Ferrugenfish

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
One Possible benefit of IG not selling in the U.S./Canada until late next year is that... it appears the car market (cost per car) is falling.  This is due in large part to supply increasing from defaulted loans leading to impounding tons of cars.  Apparently lots of people spent their federal stimulus money on cars they couldn't afford, especially with the new inflation, gas prices etc. Now a relatively large percentage of those who bought during that time are defaulting on their loans and their cars are being stored in massive lots.  The banks that own the cars are smart by not selling them all at once, as to pour too much inventory into the system, dropping the price per vehicle (like the diamond market). Regardless, in reality there are tons of vehicles of all types just sitting on acres upon acres waiting to be sold slowly.  This, in combination with new 2023 inventory should bring the cost of vehicles down considerably.... notwithstanding some other crazy event.  

Of course I don't know if this will bring down the expected cost of an IG in the U.S... but I think it should. We in the U.S. don't have official MSRP for the IG yet, but if you translate from European prices, a Trailmaster would be about $75k... plus the cost of importing I guess.   I big part of me doubts Ineos would charge us less than they charged Europe customers even though the climate should be different when it comes to the U.S.... I'm still crossing my fingers hehe. $75k USD for a vehicle that is less capable And less luxurious than several other options for the same price... well... people will probably buy it anyway. 

WhiteBear

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:06 AM
Reaction score
I am very shure: Here in Europe Ineos will raise the price for the car at least 5 percent next year. Too many cars on the market or not there are no used Grenadiers, you have to buy new. Everything is getting more expensive and this will be true for the Grenadier too, if we like it or not. Look how the price for the Mercedes G has been raised lately.

Red pepper

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:06 AM
Reaction score

cheswick

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=blueTdi userid=8917020 postid=1333096641]I am very shure: Here in Europe Ineos will raise the price for the car at least 5 percent next year. Too many cars on the market or not there are no used Grenadiers, you have to buy new. Everything is getting more expensive and this will be true for the Grenadier too, if we like it or not. Look how the price for the Mercedes G has been raised lately.[/QUOTE]

Merc are in the position where their demand far exceeds supply. So they can jack their prices well beyond inflation and still sell exactly as many as they would have otherwise.

We obviously don’t know what the exact demand/supply situation is for Ineos but the fact that an order placed today has a build date 12 months from now suggests they too have a demand that far exceeds their ability to make cars. And that is with no test drives being available. Once there are demo vehicles in dealers you can expect even more demand.

Realistically Ineos are going to charge what makes the most commercial sense for them, I think your  5% estimate is very conservative, they could probably get away with 15%. Especially now that most of their competitors are literally refusing new orders after their backlogs got in some cases up to three years.

This economic bull whip effect should be a big wake up call to our government's, sadly I doubt they will learn anything.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
At their live international launch last year - INEOS stated their expected first year production would be approximately 15,000 units.

The fact the an order today gets a July or August 2023 production must mean they have 13,000 to 14,000 orders.

They also indicated production could be quickly ramped up (although this was pre global supply issues & Ukraine war) and they expected annual production of 35,000 by year 5.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
1:06 AM
Reaction score
Absolutely agree on you and Karl as well. My (best case) guess was +10% on the Grenadier. Buying it now is not just an expense but rather an investment as well.

Back
Top Bottom