The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Had two options this morning. Now there's one

Ipe

Local time
4:12 PM
Reaction score
I've had a Bronco reservation for well over two years now. Placed an order that was canceled after a year. Placed another order approximately 8 months ago. Amazingly enough, the Bronco finally arrived at the dealer this week. I went this morning to test drive it. In the act of doing so I discovered that I'm extremely happy that I hedged my bet and placed a Grenadier reservation as well.
The Bronco was cool. It was fun. It had all the bells and whistles. It has the oh, so very hard to get hardtop, and that was the straw that broke that camels back. The roof flexed so much that driving it felt like being inside a kettle drum. Not much fun after all.
I've been leaning heavily towards the Grenadier since I made my reservation and this morning confirmed it. The Bronco was always just a "toy." The Grenadier seems "serious." I'm looking forward to seeing one in person. Hopefully it'll be just the ticket. The Bronco certainly wasn't

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:12 PM
Reaction score
It's a Ford and they are pushing it to a "toy" market. The Grenadier on paper should eat the Broncos for reliability, toughness, durability and longevity. You can also tow with the Grenadier and not have to worry about the little Broncos engine dying an early life.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:12 PM
Reaction score
What most appeals to me about the Bronco is the looks - I think Ford did a great job with the design. Admittedly I think the original was a fantastic truck all around, and I think the new one is a nice balance between contemporary and retro.

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:12 AM
Reaction score
I get a strong feeling that the established car brands offerings in the “serious” 4x4 market still follow the pattern of scheduled redundancy and disposability to force customers to replace and upgrade. The feeling I get from Ineos is that being a new brand, they haven’t yet learned the value of limited lifespan to drive ongoing sales so they’ve created a more durable product and we stand to benefit. I just hope they don’t go under financially as a result.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
1:12 PM
Reaction score
I took one of my friends as co pilot for the la drive event and he’s now reserved a Grenadier. He waited for years for his 2 door green hard top bronco. I think he put the reservation in the day the books opened.

Anyway, the toy comparison was made on the way home in the Bronco after the drive, and not by me…

Back
Top Bottom