The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Gullwing windows

Disco Dave

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:37 PM
Reaction score
What happened to the gullwing windows in the accessories list? I need factory gullwing windows. Somebody please tell me it was an oversight, and they will be available in an update.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
12:37 PM
Reaction score
I am missing them as well.

But as the specs document has disappeared from the web due to apparent errors inside, I hope that the other publications are as well incomplete and/or simply partially wrong.

Hope dies last.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think the rush to meet a deadline had collateral damage as it were in terms of accuracy... the Australian Spec listed the 1-7/8" (47mm) North American Standard Tow hitch, when it should have been a 50mm towball (no jokes about who has  the bigger balls please, this is a family friendly forum...but my 9 yr old grandson thought it was funny...I'll have to speak with his father!)

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:37 AM
Reaction score
Are the gull wings actual windows? I saw an old pic here where they were but when I configured them they looked solid like the side panel of the new defender

OzyGrenie

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Get them done in Aussie, spoke to my agent they will be doing a lot of these after market mods. It's only reasonable particularly while the factors would be only ramping up production over the next 12 months or more.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:37 AM
Reaction score
I've emailed explore glazing and they will be developing some too as soon as they get their hands on a grenadier
Hey did you ever chase them about this, their kit does look to be excellent.?

YIPPE

GG #00286
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hey did you ever chase them about this, their kit does look to be excellent.?

As it stands they need a car to measure up. I'm without a grenadier and also in Australia. Hopefully someone a little closer can lend a vehicle.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
As it stands they need a car to measure up. I'm without a grenadier and also in Australia. Hopefully someone a little closer can lend a vehicle.
Are they actively looking for a car? Is it on a similar arrangement to others ~ measured car gets a set for free?

YIPPE

GG #00286
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Are they actively looking for a car? Is it on a similar arrangement to others ~ measured car gets a set for free?
I guess you can try.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230616-044757.png
    Screenshot_20230616-044757.png
    170.3 KB · Views: 44

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It might be better to have someone on here up for it first before approaching them...

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Where did you get them installed?

Highwayman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Where did you get them installed?
Local window fitter. The G Wagen version utilises the same rubber seal as the original glass window (I did fit new ones). Took less than an hour to fit both sides.

For the Grenadier, it looks to be bonded, but I don’t think it would be any more difficult than fitting a bonded windscreen, and so expect an experienced window fitter could do it.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So I've had a few email exchanges with Anja from Explore Glazing, basically (as posted previously) they are keen but need a vehicle. Whilst discussing whether this forum could be used to provide a Guinea pig, I received this today:

"Coincidence doesn't exist, as they say, and indeed...
We received a late call this afternoon from a Dutchman who will be getting his new Ineos Grenadier on the 21st of July. This man owns a Land Rover Defender in which he replaced the windows with our gullwing windows a few years ago.
He is highly interested in gullwing solutions for his new Ineos and can provide us with both the window and the car for us to explore the possibilities.

I would greatly appreciate it if you could invite us to the Ineos enthusiasts group or share this message. I will keep you informed as soon as we have more information."

I've given them a link to this thread, so hopefully they'll pop up themselves to keep us all in the loop.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Latest update from Anja from Explore Glazing, received this evening:

Today, we have started designing gullwing windows for the INEOS Grenadier. I've incorporated the result into a photo as a preview for you and your friends on the forum.

As people have come to expect from us, we will develop a sliding window, gullwing in glass version, and also work on the aluminum folddown window guard/table, etc.

Feel free to share the photo, and if anyone is interested in staying informed, they can email me with the subject "Ineos Grenadier information updates."

Explore Glazing Gullwing raam INEOS Grenadier open.jpg

YIPPE

GG #00286
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Latest update from Anja from Explore Glazing, received this evening:

Today, we have started designing gullwing windows for the INEOS Grenadier. I've incorporated the result into a photo as a preview for you and your friends on the forum.

As people have come to expect from us, we will develop a sliding window, gullwing in glass version, and also work on the aluminum folddown window guard/table, etc.

Feel free to share the photo, and if anyone is interested in staying informed, they can email me with the subject "Ineos Grenadier information updates."

View attachment 7821195
Hopefully we get some dimensions soon 😁😁

Reactions: PBD
Back
Top Bottom