The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Grenadier Weight

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:16 AM
Reaction score
I was always taught that one country uses inches and gallons and put a man on the moon and everyone else uses metric. ;)
I was always told - this was only performed in some Hollywood studio.. and moon is something that is hanging on a large black silk sheet.. :ROFLMAO: in some True Man Show.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:16 AM
Reaction score
I was always taught that one country uses inches and gallons and put a man on the moon and everyone else uses metric. ;)
The last time a manned flight landed on the moon was over 50 years ago and I am sure the results would have been the same if they were using metric.
Since then several countries and private companies have landed craft on the moon including China & Japan
1672953158635.png

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The last time a manned flight landed on the moon was over 50 years ago and I am sure the results would have been the same if they were using metric.
Since then several countries and private companies have landed craft on the moon including China & Japan
View attachment 7799476
Ah yes but the Americans were the first to have the vision and act on it. And succeeded despite clinging onto an antiquated system of measurement. All power to them then for overcoming their stubbornness in spite of knowing better.

Us Aussies, we even waited five years after the lunar landing to officially adopt the metric system. Always laid back even then.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ah yes but the Americans were the first to have the vision and act on it. And succeeded despite clinging onto an antiquated system of measurement. All power to them then for overcoming their stubbornness in spite of knowing better.

Us Aussies, we even waited five years after the lunar landing to officially adopt the metric system. Always laid back even then.
Well, either that or the dust was still settling after conversion to the dollar…

Pipm4000

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:16 AM
Reaction score
Actually everyone -even the US are metric, for example an inch is now defined as 2.54cm, so the US just use a constant * metic measure to state their measurements. This was the case when NASA built Apollo 11 so they didn’t get a man on the moon with old imperial measures - they used the metric standards but just insisted on keeping the old lingo.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:16 PM
Reaction score
American Flag GIF

Feet, meters, picas, whatever…we got the job done 😁

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Actually everyone -even the US are metric, for example an inch is now defined as 2.54cm, so the US just use a constant * metic measure to state their measurements. This was the case when NASA built Apollo 11 so they didn’t get a man on the moon with old imperial measures - they used the metric standards but just insisted on keeping the old lingo.
Exactly right. I later worked with several US engineers who had been part of the design team for the International Space Station. All their US design was in metric.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
…guess those German rocket scientists just kept on with the metric they were used to… ;)

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:16 AM
Reaction score
The mass is not exceptional. Previously, this quality was in many vehicles.
Thanks, I am relatively new to 4wd but it seems to have all of these competing requirements. You want "Good clearance, bigger tires, lift" but also a "Low centre of gravity". You want a "Solid build (which adds weight)" but also "less weight for better performance, fuel consumption and range". It's great to have a solidly build vehicle but just maybe they have over-engineered the construction a tad too much (for the intended use). Again, it's a difficult balance.
Everything in 4x4ing is a compromise, the best way (IMO) is to work out what is the best vehicle for our needs. The IG for me is a simple well built 4x4 which, on paper gives me what I want.

Back
Top Bottom