The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Grenadier v. Competition Review

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:54 AM
Reaction score
Thus far it’s an Australian spec option. The UK/Euro spec trucks do not have the option because of pedestrian safety measures. I’m hoping we will be able to get our hands on them in the US.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:54 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone an idea if you can order a bull bar for the Grenadier. I've seen it somewhere on Australian vehicles.
I can confirm that it isn't allowed any more in Europe. The bumper is also made of plastic, for the same reason.
And, I am not alone anymore as a Belgian! (y) :)

PanoramaJJ

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I can confirm that it isn't allowed any more in Europe. The bumper is also made of plastic, for the same reason.
And, I am not alone anymore as a Belgian! (y) :)
In Germany the same. No chance. I hope for the aftermarket - perhaps sometimes there will be a metal bumper, we call it "Geräteträger" - so you can mount a winch on it (but don´t need to do that). But the really nice Australian Bull Bars (in the good old times even possible in Germany) will no longer be allowed.
I will drive a 2.6 tons Car with a 3.0l BMW-Diesel - isn´t that dangerous enough? ;) Okay, that was a choke....

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:54 AM
Reaction score
View attachment 7801265
I had this till the end of 2007. That was the day I sold it :cry: - numberplate and driver are not me/mine. Lived 3.5 years in Tunisia with it (with local numberplate)
(Stickers on the window are Tunisian tax stickers)
Do they call them Pajeros that in Spain?

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Do they call them Pajeros that in Spain?
:ROFLMAO: :eek: In South-America they called them "Monteros", I guess the same in Spain. My boss in Ecuador (1987-1990) had a Montero, and one of the production engineers too. I was jealous.
@Krabby didn't know the name of the car in the USA, but quite some Spanish speaking people there. Anyway, while driving the Dakar, the Mitsubishi teams called it the Pajero.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Australian review comparing Grenadier to 6 competitors sold in Australia.

Aside from being the best vehicle - the review demonstrates how well priced the Grenadier is in Australia.

It does support the price, but otherwise it’s a stretch to call it a review, it doesn’t draw any conclusions and it seems mainly a way to promote their other videos. But basically the conclusion is if you want something with similar capabilities for a similar price you need to buy a 2-4 year old car.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
It's just that the word Pajero translates as "wanker" in that country.
Yet another vehicle name that wasn't passed by the international censors :oops:

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It does support the price, but otherwise it’s a stretch to call it a review, it doesn’t draw any conclusions and it seems mainly a way to promote their other videos. But basically the conclusion is if you want something with similar capabilities for a similar price you need to buy a 2-4 year old car.
Exactly my thoughts.

It reinforced my view that those with an original/old price order have got a real bargain (maybe 20-25% lower than where Grenadier prices will end up by end of 2023) probably because INEOS needed a lower initial market entry price. So, even those with the November 2022 raised price orders are still "in front" compared to the prices (new & used) of competitor vehicles.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Back
Top Bottom