The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Grenadier prices and spec options released

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:50 PM
Reaction score
Still a big opportunity missed, and I think INEOS Australia would know it as well.
In one of the hundreds of articles I read on the Grenadier, (cant find the article now)  INEOS AU were desperate to get the car classed as a commercial vehicle (1000kg payload) and obviously spent a lot of effort in that regard.

Pity it didn't work out, as they would of sold a whole lot more of them commercially otherwise.

Who knows, perhaps they will address it in the future, but in the meantime for me, its back to the drawing board - and realistically hitting that "refund deposit" button - twice.

Cam

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:50 AM
Reaction score

Right. I thought that was just a standard bullbar and the Roo Bar might be a bit beefier. cheers

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Davman said:
Still a big opportunity missed, and I think INEOS Australia would know it as well.
In one of the hundreds of articles I read on the Grenadier, (cant find the article now)  INEOS AU were desperate to get the car classed as a commercial vehicle (1000kg payload) and obviously spent a lot of effort in that regard.

Pity it didn't work out, as they would of sold a whole lot more of them commercially otherwise.

Who knows, perhaps they will address it in the future, but in the meantime for me, its back to the drawing board - and realistically hitting that "refund deposit" button - twice.
I think the long wheelbase version will probably hit the mark
There is a lot of luxury weight in the station wagon 

Local time
Reaction score
Don't forget to add the UK new car tax which for the Grenadier will come in at £2365.00
Ouch again!.

Local time
Reaction score
It makes perfect financial sense to be honest, what you get for your money and the expected life you get out of it from what I've seen so far, nothing else fits the bill, but having that sort of money in the first place to buy into this is going to be challenging for myself whom is not self employed.
I was hoping that what I wanted would be no more than about 55k, but it's now looking more like 65k OTR price.
Starting to think about what I can sell.

Oh, I don't do finance, I don't believe in debt, I either have the money or I don't, that's how I've been for years.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am pretty happy with the pricing released today.

I half expected the A$ base price indicated last year ($84K) to be maybe $10k higher due to global supply issues/material issues/ general price rises etc.but no, Ineos has held firm on that.

Overall, I think the options are reasonably priced - especially when you compare to Land Crusier, BMW, MB etc.

I could only spend an hour or so today working through the options and pricing but, at this stage I would probably go with the Trialmaster Edition with some key additional options - i am looking at approx A$ 102k.

However, Australian luxury car tax would need to be added and that's probably at least another $8k

I assume that same options can be purchased locally after purchase for same/similar pricing.

Look at the price of a new 300 series land crusier in Australia - it's heaps more - probably another $30k !!

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
10:50 AM
Reaction score
Such bars are forbidden in Germany. But checkerplates are not. They are not in our pricelist though.

:-(

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
One of the important things about a factory fitted Roo bar is that the airbags still work. 
The same with the crumple zones.
Not much good if you hang a 250kg bar off the front and then can't load anything into the back because you have hit your weight limit with just a couple of chairs and the family onboard

Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Mark Evans  grenadierboy userid=8954799 postid=1332503353]I am pretty happy with the pricing released today.

I half expected the A$ base price indicated last year ($84K) to be maybe $10k higher due to global supply issues/material issues/ general price rises etc.but no, Ineos has held firm on that.

Overall, I think the options are reasonably priced - especially when you compare to Land Crusier, BMW, MB etc.

I could only spend an hour or so today working through the options and pricing but, at this stage I would probably go with the Trialmaster Edition with some key additional options - i am looking at approx A$ 102k.

However, Australian luxury car tax would need to be added and that's probably at least another $8k

I assume that same options can be purchased locally after purchase for same/similar pricing.

Look at the price of a new 300 series land crusier in Australia - it's heaps more - probably another $30k !!
[/QUOTE]

Local time
Reaction score
Had assumed LCT was included in the list price as car manufacturers MRSP generally does. But the website small print does imply it's not included. LCT on $102,000 is about $10,000. Then add stamp duty ~$7,000 and other charges and you (and I) will be at $120,000 to drive away.

Toyota prices are drive away. $125,000 gets you a VX LC300, which I think is the most comparable to the Trialmaster in spec. But... I thought the Grenadier was pitching somewhere between a 70 series and a LC300, not directly at the LC300. Or at a GX LC300 which is $100,000 drive away.

I'm not convinced now - a VX LC300 is tough competition. And yes you'll have to wait a while for a LC300, but it remains to be seen how long the wait for a Grenadier is, and the wait isn't a deciding factor for me on a $120,000 purchase that I intend to keep for 15 years+.

Red pepper

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Mark Evans  grenadierboy userid=8954799 postid=1332503353]

[/QUOTE]

Are we going to pay "Luxury car tax" here in Australia for any option of the Grenadier? Station wagon or /and Utility wagon? 

Local time
Reaction score
There's exemption from LCT for commercial vehicles, so if the utility wagon qualifies...

Otherwise, it's 33% on every dollar above $69,000.

This is why it's a good strategy to add all your roof racks, roo bars, winches etc AFTER purchase - avoid LCT and Stamp Duty on those items.

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So, why can’t the GVM be rated higher for the Australian versions?  I believe the 3500kg GVM rating is required for UK market to meet their licensing requirements but you can drive a 4500kg vehicle on a standard license in Australia?  Why can’t they rate it at 3750kg GVM for Aus and then meet the 1000kg payload for all versions?  It would open it up to a much wider market as a commercial vehicle and keep many of us (including me) as buyers.

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Shopkeep said:
So, why can’t the GVM be rated higher for the Australian versions?  I believe the 3500kg GVM rating is required for UK market to meet their licensing requirements but you can drive a 4500kg vehicle on a standard license in Australia?  Why can’t they rate it at 3750kg GVM for Aus and then meet the 1000kg payload for all versions?  It would open it up to a much wider market as a commercial vehicle and keep many of us (including me) as buyers.
Shopkeep, this is exactly what I have been banging on about.
We need to put a bit of pressure on INEOS here - I am going to start  a new topic - all Australian buyers should get on board this issue.

Back
Top Bottom