The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Grenadier Fails

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:50 AM
Reaction score
Most of us here have an affinity for the Grenadier, but also have a keen sense of humor regarding shortcomings, whether vehicle or driver induced. such as a broken drive shaft, completely torched vehicle on a beach, or just backing the darn vehicle into something. I'd like to kick off this thread with the following clip (which legit hurts my heart) to capture the spirit of what could be documented here and look forward to whatever the future holds. May you and I never have to submit a personal clip or pic. Amen.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
7:50 PM
Reaction score
Most of us here have an affinity for the Grenadier, but also have a keen sense of humor regarding shortcomings, whether vehicle or driver induced. such as a broken drive shaft, completely torched vehicle on a beach, or just backing the darn vehicle into something. I'd like to kick off this thread with the following clip (which legit hurts my heart) to capture the spirit of what could be documented here and look forward to whatever the future holds. May you and I never have to submit a personal clip or pic. Amen.

Hard to winch from a vegetable in that field.
Lucky to have some roadside assist.

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:50 AM
Reaction score
That is a driver failure, not a Grenadier failure.
As I said, "whether vehicle or driver induced." ;) This thread's umbrella is big enough for all.

Last edited:

Maulwurf

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:50 AM
Reaction score
So far, the threat shows what can happen if the grenadier falls into the wrong hands.

Are there still "Grenadier fails" examples?

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:50 AM
Reaction score
No pictures to prove it however, driving across a flat, 50 acres of grassland in very wet conditions. All four wheels sank up to the axles and the vehicle wasn’t going anywhere. None of the vehicles mechanical functions were able to provide enough traction and nothing available for winching if I indeed had one. Three hours later, having lowered tyre pressures, dug out behind all four wheels and fitted traction boards, I eventually extracted myself. My conclusion, other than more lessons. Off roading is best done as a pair.

Attachments

• IMG_0036.jpeg
    IMG_0036.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0038.jpeg
    IMG_0038.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 71

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:50 AM
Reaction score
No pictures to prove it however, driving across a flat, 50 acres of grassland in very wet conditions. All four wheels sank up to the axles and the vehicle wasn’t going anywhere. None of the vehicles mechanical functions were able to provide enough traction and nothing available for winching if I indeed had one. Three hours later, having lowered tyre pressures, dug out behind all four wheels and fitted traction boards, I eventually extracted myself. My conclusion, other than more lessons. Off roading is best done as a pair.
looks to me to be a 'local' field. Nice lawn in bground.

Local time
7:20 PM
Reaction score
How should it roll? The slope was going up again, that trench is V-shaped...

AWo
I thought it was a pretty good angle before it hit the V, I am pretty certain 4x4s I have had in the past would of rolled before then, my old land cruisers definately 34 d side roll over angle my Nissan Patrol probably 38 d roll over angle and probably my land rovers I have had with roof racks but I am pretty sure my 2020 V6 manual Amarok would of been fine they advertised that you could drive them on a 50 d side angle, but I never tried 25 d side angle feels like a cliff to me when I am driving.

Last edited:

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:50 AM
Reaction score
Was that the lady you mentioned on the podcast that shouldn't be allowed to drive.
I wish I could say that... That was actually a pro driver who was found by the marketing company (not an OEX driver)

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:50 AM
Reaction score
I wish I could say that... That was actually a pro driver who was found by the marketing company (not an OEX driver)
Elon Musk Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

"PROFESSIONAL"

Local time
2:50 AM
Reaction score

Off road and on tow
:)

Back
Top Bottom