The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Greg Clark INEOS Automotive USA Chat (webinar series)

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:29 AM
Reaction score
The Jeep Mopar steel bumpers are relatively light. its only the ARB or TJM style full wrap winch bars that rack up the pounds big time

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:29 PM
Reaction score
My guess is that it will be the plastic bumper.
I've gone ahead and submitted an official Q&A on this question and will report back on the answer. From the following attendee summary of a February 2022 U.S. Grenadier Experience event that Greg Clark attended, the conclusion was that the U.S. Grenadier would have steel bumpers: https://landroverforums.com/forum/2020-defender-60/grenadier-experience-measurements-l663-110458/ ("The front and rear bumpers will be steel, and you will be able to stand on the hood.")

Of course, things could have changed since then.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
7:29 PM
Reaction score
I've gone ahead and submitted an official Q&A on this question and will report back on the answer. From the following attendee summary of a February 2022 U.S. Grenadier Experience event that Greg Clark attended, the conclusion was that the U.S. Grenadier would have steel bumpers: https://landroverforums.com/forum/2020-defender-60/grenadier-experience-measurements-l663-110458/ ("The front and rear bumpers will be steel, and you will be able to stand on the hood.")

Of course, things could have changed since then.
That was my write up. I've been working long hours and have only spent time reading and not conversation on the forum. I think the simple answer is the Ford Bronco is not a full on bull bar but it is called a safari bar which sits in front below the Bronco lettering. The main difference is the pedestrian impact is not affected. The bull bar the AUS will get provides full protection across the whole front end. In the end, we will probably be able to source the bull bar and pay for the freight to get it shipped to the US. Or we can have one fabericated. Greg indicated even the AUS bull bar will be bolted on to the metal bumper.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:29 AM
Reaction score
Aren’t there fixed rules in the USA regarding pedestrian safety as well as there are in Europe? I remember the monstrous bumpers that German cars got when they have been sold to the US in the 80s and 90s. I thought this was for security reasons.
In Europe registrable cars become more and more not separable from each other for safety reasons and air resistance.
But if I like it or not I will not be allowed to change the plastic bumper in a steel version with a bull bar on top.
What are the restrictions in the states?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:29 AM
Reaction score
A comparison might be made with the new Defender. The Oz spec bull bar is being fitted by main dealers in the US.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
A comparison might be made with the new Defender. The Oz spec bull bar is being fitted by main dealers in the US.
Exactly but is being ordered as an accessory and added to vehicle. This way the car has met safety ratings. You are adding the bull bar as a add on.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
For reference the defender bull bar including fitting kit comes in at $4,482.00 USD with free shipping to the west coast of the USA, of course customs duties are not included.

HurricaneHall

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
The first of the ‘regular’ webinar series was back in October. Any guesses when we will see the next one?

Local time
Reaction score
I just tried submitting a question to the "Answering Your Questions" page and couldn't because the system said my Zip code was incorrect. I've submitted before, so I think something has changed. Anyone else with a US address submitted a question recently?

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:29 PM
Reaction score
I just tried submitting a question to the "Answering Your Questions" page and couldn't because the system said my Zip code was incorrect. I've submitted before, so I think something has changed. Anyone else with a US address submitted a question recently?
Check you are logged on to the correct country.
Mine defaults to the UK every time and I have to manually change it to Australia

HurricaneHall

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
That's a good question ~ it had real potential.
Agreed. I really really appreciated the video. Gave me a whole lot of confidence in the vehicle and people behind it. I fully hope they continue the series.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
Just received this email this morning, so it looks like we get another round of questions in.

I've an idea for getting things front and centre, assuming their portal allows it.

If we have an ongoing list on this thread then when we get close to the cutoff we can all send in the same request rather than doing it piecemeal, surely the bulk of numbers as king exactly the same thing should count for something??

Thoughts ladies and gentlemen?

Hi Stuart,

Our recent Q&A session proved so popular we’re doing it all again. So look out for the next one coming up soon.

It’s another chance for you to ask questions about the Grenadier’s performance, specs, engineering, or anything else you want to know. All pitched directly to Greg Clark, our Executive Vice President, Americas.

You’ll need to submit your question by 13 January. We’ll be giving a shout out to the best questions in the answer session video, which you’ll be able to see in February. We’ll also aim to include any unanswered questions in later sessions, so stay tuned.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I like the idea. For me is where are we in the process. Is it EPA compliant, are we done with the crash test? When can we expect delivery in NA to start?

bigjuicyhog

Reservation Holder
Local time
10:29 PM
Reaction score
And, of course, when will we know pricing?

This is a great idea. Thanks for working on it.

Back
Top Bottom