The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Greetings from Sunny (not) Cumbria, UK!

Local time
10:30 PM
Reaction score
Hey All.

Just joined the forum as the family is about to put down an order on a 5 Seat of some variety. I've also spent the last few years (up until recently) designing auxiliary electrical systems for off road & blue light vehicles so hoping to get stuck in on the Grenadier soon and make some pre made kits for people as a little weekend hobby. Looking forward to the new ecosystem!

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Welcome aboard!

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hey All.

Just joined the forum as the family is about to put down an order on a 5 Seat of some variety. I've also spent the last few years (up until recently) designing auxiliary electrical systems for off road & blue light vehicles so hoping to get stuck in on the Grenadier soon and make some pre made kits for people as a little weekend hobby. Looking forward to the new ecosystem!
Welcome to the forum. Lots of useful info on here and no doubt, like many of us, you will end up spending hours perusing all the useful and interesting info. Make sure to enjoy the many amusing comments too.

Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcomes. The deposit was placed today for September build in theory! 5 Seat Commercial in Donny Grey, Snorkel, Smooth pack and 17 Steels with BFG's, although I think my parents want to go 285/70/16 as they like them on my defender, not sure how bad the lock will be though!

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcomes. The deposit was placed today for September build in theory! 5 Seat Commercial in Donny Grey, Snorkel, Smooth pack and 17 Steels with BFG's, although I think my parents want to go 285/70/16 as they like them on my defender, not sure how bad the lock will be though!
I take it you are aware the ‘snorkel’ is not what many imagine a snorkel to be? Ie, does not increase wading depth. I only ask as in UK I can’t see any other reason for having a snorkel. In hot climates it has a function but in UK?

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I take it you are aware the ‘snorkel’ is not what many imagine a snorkel to be? Ie, does not increase wading depth. I only ask as in UK I can’t see any other reason for having a snorkel. In hot climates it has a function but in UK?
Agree, and it should be called by its proper name Raised Air Intake (RAI) to stop the misnomer. And certainly not required in the UK.

Local time
Reaction score
Yes well aware. Whilst they do need to wade through a ford with it in winter on a semi regular basis, it's mainly to stop the splashing rather than being submerged, and there may be an adaption kit further down the line I'm sure.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes well aware. Whilst they do need to wade through a ford with it in winter on a semi regular basis, it's mainly to stop the splashing rather than being submerged, and there may be an adaption kit further down the line I'm sure.
From memory nearest ford to Carlisle is West Hall. Or it was when I lived at Castle Carrick.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:30 PM
Reaction score
I had the RAI on the Defender and now have it on the Grenadier. Especially useful in winter when overtaking a lorry in slush on the motorway. The truck's tyres spray the slush directly at the level of the air intake. An acquaintance suffered engine damage as a result.

Back
Top Bottom