The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Greetings from San Diego, SoCal

potion

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
1:03 AM
Reaction score
Hi all. Though currently resident in San Diego, I hail from Cape Town, South Africa. Sadly my Defender 110 could not come along. I thought I'd pick up a rebuilt left-hand-drive Defender here, or perhaps a 70-series 'Cruiser, so that I could explore North America's great continental divide. But 'real' overlanding 4x4's are scarce and/or ludicrously priced. I got excited for a millisecond when the new Defender was announced. But the prospect of the Grenadier is thrilling. I dropped my $350 deposit with Sir Jim as soon as he asked, and now it's been almost a year-long waiiiiiit!

Looks like there are some promising signs of Grenadier life in Africa and Australia. I am rapt in......... ............anticipation!

Cheers!
Denis

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:03 AM
Reaction score
Welcome Denis
Will you be back in South Africa for your Grenadier delivery or wait in the USA for it? By this statement, I am thinking you might be back home...Looks like there are some promising signs of Grenadier life in Africa and Australia. I am rapt in......... ............anticipation!...Aussies love the Land Rover as much[not quite]as much as you guys...I had a South African come straight up to me when I jumped out of my series 2 shorty here in OZ and said I will pay you whatever you want for it...that was years ago and I still have it...happy motoring

Last edited:

toedash

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Hello Denis,
I am also living in San Diego (native) and look forward to meeting a fellow Genadier off-roading in Anza Borrego next winter (fingers crossed!). I assume you received their notice of the tour/test drive opportunity coming to SoCal and San Diego next month? Possibly meet you then.

Have a great day,
Jeff

potion

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Welcome Denis
Will you be back in South Africa for your Grenadier delivery or wait in the USA for it? By this statement, I am thinking you might be back home...Looks like there are some promising signs of Grenadier life in Africa and Australia. I am rapt in......... ............anticipation!...Aussies love the Land Rover as much[not quite]as much as you guys...I had a South African come straight up to me when I jumped out of my series 2 shorty here in OZ and said I will pay you whatever you want for it...that was years ago and I still have it...happy motoring
@Max, I'll take delivery of my Trialmaster here in San Diego. I might seek out other Grenadier owners around the world to form a 'club so we can swap vehicles.

Reactions: Max

potion

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Hello Denis,
I am also living in San Diego (native) and look forward to meeting a fellow Genadier off-roading in Anza Borrego next winter (fingers crossed!). I assume you received their notice of the tour/test drive opportunity coming to SoCal and San Diego next month? Possibly meet you then.

Have a great day,
Jeff
@toedash Sorry I didn't see the message you posted soooooo long ago. We could have met if id known, before I got to drive a Grenadier at the So-Cal event in March this year. I have contacted Mossy Ineos Grenadier San Diego to confirm my preorder, and am now waiting for the production date. Maybe we'll meet some day. Take care, Denis.

Jack123

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Hello Denis,

Have a great day,
Jeff

Hello Jeff and Denis. I would like to take that drive to Borrego in my IG! However, I don't think I'm getting my ride until late Q1 2024! Can't wait!!!

Back
Top Bottom