The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Greetings from Qeensland

Joerg

Production/Transit
Local time
10:31 PM
Reaction score
We are a mature couple exploring 4WD tracks in Australia since 2009.
Driven a Mitsubishi Challenger a Prado and a Landcruiser 300 that caught fire on the Canning Stock Route in 2022 so we
Ordered a Grenadier Trailmaster in September 2022 to take it on the CSR in 2024

Joerg

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
What caused the fire? Hope it wasn’t after market electrics, then again if you made a claim and it was, you better not tell the world on here.

Welcome to the greatest resource of Grenny knowledge.
Hi Dave
No no aftermarket or electric . We really have no idea what caused it , started under the car , not inside .

Joerg

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
I wonder if it was spinifex and a dpf burn? Lots of discussion around that.

Welcome by the way. 😁
Thanks you are right 👍
DPF and Spinifex doesn’t go well together
We cleared the underbody regularly and that day one hour before the fire started.

Joerg

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Almost guarantee it was spinifex collecting and building up near the exhaust pipe.
Nope that’s definitely not the case as :
It is a duty to check and clear if you are in Spinifex country .
There is a lot of room around the body and exhaust at the LC 300 , east to clear
So , the cause of the fire is not to easy to find out

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:31 AM
Reaction score
Welcome!
You probably are sick of talking about that fire ; tell us about your plans for exploring. How will you carry enough fuel for the CSR with the Ineos?
I presume you are going in a convoy.

Joerg

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Welcome!
You probably are sick of talking about that fire ; tell us about your plans for exploring. How will you carry enough fuel for the CSR with the Ineos?
I presume you are going in a convoy.

Fuel / Ineos
We hope that the aftermarket will find a long range solution for the Aussie Market
If that is not the case , we are planning to use the Jerry Can Box solution for the area behind the Ineos Seats again
Works for Diesel only !!!!!
We have to work out the load fixation when we get there
Travel Plan for 2024 is to go back to WA and do the Canning Stock Route as well as the Anne Beadell

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
A Toyota catching fire is not possible just ask them! I like your switch to the Gren it's the same thought most of us had when hitting the order button. I couldn't justify the 115K for the LC300 which was my only other choice veggie the Gren come to fruition (LC200) when ordering was up. There is done fantastic country in QLD to explore. I've probably run up 50,000km on QLD "exploration" and that might be 5% of the State!!! Most of mine was done on motorbike though when I way younger but now with 2 kids in tow the Wagon is the only way for me!!!

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:31 AM
Reaction score
Fuel / Ineos
We hope that the aftermarket will find a long range solution for the Aussie Market
If that is not the case , we are planning to use the Jerry Can Box solution for the area behind the Ineos Seats again
Works for Diesel only !!!!!
We have to work out the load fixation when we get there
Travel Plan for 2024 is to go back to WA and do the Canning Stock Route as well as the Anne Beadell
An issue to consider about the proposed Grenadier location for the jerry cans is that the electrics are under the floor behind the front seats...but at least separate containers makes it easier to move them rather than say a "box" with a fuel bladder. 5 of the the "squat" 20L (18.5 actual) or 7 of the standard (19.5L) Scepter diesel containers would fit "nicely". across the width of the Grenadier.

Joerg

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks
You are right , Electric and auxiliary Battery ( Trailmaster ) are under the seat
Box is of course not ideal but all I can think of without a long range fuel tank available so far ( as I know )

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve always managed to carry fuel on the roof in the roof rack which I made a ply base with stays to separate (stop potential rubbing) and support them and allow for sturdy lashing.
The trick for me is to empty them as soon as possible so the 100L gets off the roof and into the fuel tank as quickly as possible.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks
You are right , Electric and auxiliary Battery ( Trailmaster ) are under the seat
Box is of course not ideal but all I can think of without a long range fuel tank available so far ( as I know )
For occasional long trips I've come to the conclusion that it's probably the most cost-effective solution other than carrying a larger aux. tank on a small trailer.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:31 AM
Reaction score
Thanks
What do you mean by a Jerry Can box in this context, @Joerg ?

Local time
Reaction score
Hi Dave
No no aftermarket or electric . We really have no idea what caused it , started under the car , not inside .
Almost certainly grass build-up around the exhaust. I mentioned to the Ineos guy that they have a structure underneath that will likely fill up too and he said "yeah we know we've been told".

Joerg

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
What do you mean by a Jerry Can box in this context, @Joerg ?
I set up a plywood box with a wall in the middle . The size just big enough to fit the Jerry cans . Diesel is ok in the car as long as the Jerry cans are upright , clean and secure
Position behind the front seats , box is strapped to the car .

Back
Top Bottom