The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Greetings from Norcal

S52

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
10:30 PM
Reaction score
Greeting from NorCal!

My name is Christian and I am happy to be here on this forum. Impressed with the abundance of knowledge and information on the IG.

I am a military (reserves)/ commercial airline pilot by trade- with an addiction to all things mechanical. Have owned a plethora of sports cars but “retro 4wd’s” are my weakness. My earliest vehicular memories were riding in my mothers 1982 Bahama Gold 3 door RRC. As an adult I have owned 2 NAS Classics- a 1990 and a 1995 swb. About a year ago I managed to pick up my dream truck- a Euro spec 1975 recently Imported from Spain.

i have been following the IG for a couple years and wanted to wait to see one in person. I attended the SEMA convention in Vegas in early Nov and happened to come across one on display at a vendors booth. Instant love at first sight. Booked a test drive with my local dealer 2 days ago and here I am now finalizing my build. (Shale Blue Trialmaster with the white roof and lotsa goodies). Anyways I feel like this is my chance to get a brand new truck with the soul of an old RRC, defender, g wagon etc. This is the first new vehicle in about 20 years that has truly excited me. Looking forward to participating here!

attached are some photos of my classic after undergoing a complete body off frame mechanical restoration. Painted in its original Lincoln Green livery.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:30 AM
Reaction score
Greeting from NorCal!

My name is Christian and I am happy to be here on this forum. Impressed with the abundance of knowledge and information on the IG.

I am a military (reserves)/ commercial airline pilot by trade- with an addiction to all things mechanical. Have owned a plethora of sports cars but “retro 4wd’s” are my weakness. My earliest vehicular memories were riding in my mothers 1982 Bahama Gold 3 door RRC. As an adult I have owned 2 NAS Classics- a 1990 and a 1995 swb. About a year ago I managed to pick up my dream truck- a Euro spec 1975 recently Imported from Spain.

i have been following the IG for a couple years and wanted to wait to see one in person. I attended the SEMA convention in Vegas in early Nov and happened to come across one on display at a vendors booth. Instant love at first sight. Booked a test drive with my local dealer 2 days ago and here I am now finalizing my build. (Shale Blue Trialmaster with the white roof and lotsa goodies). Anyways I feel like this is my chance to get a brand new truck with the soul of an old RRC, defender, g wagon etc. This is the first new vehicle in about 20 years that has truly excited me. Looking forward to participating here!

attached are some photos of my classic after undergoing a complete body off frame mechanical restoration. Painted in its original Lincoln Green livery.

Welcome aboard!!! Great to have you here and you are amongst several other pilots in our mix (not me).

I love RRCs - several members have them.

You said your mom had a 1982 3-door - did you grow up in the states? I don't recall LR importing 3-door RRs.

S52

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Welcome aboard!!! Great to have you here and you are amongst several other pilots in our mix (not me).

I love RRCs - several members have them.

You said your mom had a 1982 3-door - did you grow up in the states? I don't recall LR importing 3-door RRs.
Thank you!
No we lived in Central America for about 10 years in my youth. The 1982 we had there was ordered/ imported from Belgium new.

Funny note about being a pilot. During my test drive as I got in the drivers seat I paused and admired the overhead switch panel. (Arguably my favorite design feature of the IG) The sales manager told me not to worry or feel intimidated by all the switches and buttons. I chuckled and told him all is good I felt right at home and showed him this picture I have on my phone of the overhead panel in my “office”
:D

Last edited:

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:30 AM
Reaction score
Thank you!
No we lived in Central America for about 10 years in my youth. The 1982 we had there was ordered/ imported from Belgium new.

Funny note about being a pilot. During my test drive as I got in the drivers seat I paused and admired the overhead switch panel. (Arguably my favorite design feature of the IG) The sales manager told me not to worry or feel intimidated by all the switches and buttons. I chuckled and told him all is good I felt right at home and showed him this picture I have on my phone of the overhead panel in my “office”
:D

That looks like a real aircraft. Not some wannabe aeroplane with a lawnmower engine. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: S52

S52

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
My order has been officially submitted by the dealer. My profile page is showing order placement and estimated delivery Q3 2024!
The waiting game begins... :D

Went with a Shale Blue/ SW roof Trialmaster. Added the Winch, aux battery, tow hitch, heated seats.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My order has been officially submitted by the dealer. My profile page is showing order placement and estimated delivery Q3 2024!
The waiting game begins... :D

Went with a Shale Blue/ SW roof Trialmaster. Added the Winch, aux battery, tow hitch, heated seats.
Hi S52, What is the last 6 digits of your pre-order number or an approximate number. Mine is 14046.
I have been told I should take delivery in April 2024. I also ordered a Trial Master in Shale Blue with most options. I kept my roof Shale Blue. Your Scottish White roof should look very cool and retro too.
Congratulations on getting your order placed. DaBull

Reactions: S52

S52

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Hi S52, What is the last 6 digits of your pre-order number or an approximate number. Mine is 14046.
I have been told I should take delivery in April 2024. I also ordered a Trial Master in Shale Blue with most options. I kept my roof Shale Blue. Your Scottish White roof should look very cool and retro too.
Congratulations on getting your order placed. DaBull
#26735 for my order... looks like I will probably be waiting a bit longer for my order. I'm hopeful that perhaps production will ramp up and maybe I can get mine a bit sooner.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
#26735 for my order... looks like I will probably be waiting a bit longer for my order. I'm hopeful that perhaps production will ramp up and maybe I can get mine a bit sooner.

Out of curiosity when did you submit your order?
Hi S52, I made my initial $450 reservation on 11-22-2022.
I then pre-ordered the first day they opened up for pre-orders in the USA on 5-31-2023 and received an initial preorder number, however Ineos after sorting through all the initial preorders, than assigned most all of us a new preorder number dated in and around 8-15-2023 like I was. I does appear they are ramping up production. I was told that mine would go into production in December 2023 and to expect delivery in the first quarter of 2024 and most recently April 2024 by my dealer. Currently it appears that it is taking approximately 7-8 months from the time you place a preorder to the time your sitting in your Grenadier. Hopefully that speeds up some, however that is not too long of a wait for such a great vehicle. The longer it takes, the more gremlins they will have fixed, which is a good thing. Here's a photo from a forum member, (my apologies for misplacing your name), of a Shale Blue Trial Master with Scottish White roof to keep your dreams alive and well.Shale Blue : Scottish White Roof.jpg DaBull

Back
Top Bottom