The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Goulish goings on … haunted fan?

Tanters

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:33 AM
Reaction score
So, as it’s Halloween I just need to check my IG isn’t haunted with you guys ….

I drove to the shop this evening. Stopped the car and opened the door. I could hear a fan running fairly loudly. I close the door and put the key back into the ignition and restarted the car. No probs, started straight away. Turned it off again and could still hear the fan.

Couldn’t wait for it to stop so walked into the shop. Got my few bits and returned to the car about 6 mins later ….. fan still running. Car still locked.

Got into the car, turn on engine and then turned it off and the fan stopped running.

I hadn’t gone through a puddle/floor and short journey so not over heated. Only 1800kms on the clock. Can’t be regenerative exhaust cycle or some such??

Very disconcerting to hear it whirling away. If I had to be away for the car for longer period and had to leave it like that ….. how long might it have run for? Eeeek, odd to say the least.

Can anyone put me at ease??

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
11:33 PM
Reaction score
Modern day cars with turbos will have periods where the engine cooling fan kicks on after short trips. Your comments can be found on the BMW forums and Ford forums. Couple suggestions in general, try to limit turbo spool up when close to your destination. For example have slow acceleration from a stop at a light or stop sign. I have found even in my petrol defender that I will have a loud fan if I am coming in hot after a short drive and come to a stop. I then turn the car off and fan kicks on for 5 minutes.

Tanters

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:33 AM
Reaction score
Modern day cars with turbos will have periods where the engine cooling fan kicks on after short trips. Your comments can be found on the BMW forums and Ford forums. Couple suggestions in general, try to limit turbo spool up when close to your destination. For example have slow acceleration from a stop at a light or stop sign. I have found even in my petrol defender that I will have a loud fan if I am coming in hot after a short drive and come to a stop. I then turn the car off and fan kicks on for 5 minutes.
Ok, thanks. Interesting alright. Can’t remember but I was in a built up area so driving very camly. I’ll try recreate journey tomorrow and see it if occurs again. Appreciate the logical explainer 👍

Back
Top Bottom