The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Goodwood Revival 16th - 18th September

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
7:11 PM
Reaction score
We have an Australian Darche 270. The hardware (the crucial part) is extremely robust and unless it's very windy , guy ropes/poles aren't essential (but he have zip on sides, so we use them then)
Compared to other brands, at $AUD1100 it was very well priced.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
9:11 AM
Reaction score
@emax emax, and I thought you were older. I take my hat off to that!

;-)

You will likely know who this is.

The Sunnyside is for me the incarnation of young people which made their dream come true. I wish I hadn't just worked all my life and done just a little bit like these two. And he's lucky man with this wife, and she a lucky women with this man.

I really love them because they are so beautiful people and for every single video they have published on youtube.

I have watched them all. All 525.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:11 AM
Reaction score
Some moving pictures.
One can ignore the Italian and listen to the roaring engines in the background…
Very good video thank you...what I found interesting was the tyres and wheels were buried in the pine chips obviously lowering the car for a better viewing perspective...smart or just how it happened? Never the less good for the shorties and ladies to feel empowered.

Miles

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:11 AM
Reaction score
Hi Steve @Halliwell Jones Chester

I visited Goodwood on Saturday, it was a great day and good to see the two prototypes, I couldn't get an answer around the delays with Shale Blue can you add anything on this?

I was also informed by Tom from Ineos, whom I met at the Grenadier pub, that the final positioning of the bumpers will be slightly reduced on the production models from the PT2 seen at Revival and that they are due to refine/publish the final WLPT figures does this indicate that a change is due?

When are you hoping to have a production car to test drive in Chester and will it be a SW or Belstaff?

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
Reaction score

I visited Goodwood on Saturday, it was a great day and good to see the two prototypes, I couldn't get an answer around the delays with Shale Blue can you add anything on this?

I was also informed by Tom from Ineos, whom I met at the Grenadier pub, that the final positioning of the bumpers will be slightly reduced on the production models from the PT2 seen at Revival and that they are due to refine/publish the final WLPT figures does this indicate that a change is due?

When are you hoping to have a production car to test drive in Chester and will it be a SW or Belstaff?
I actually forgot to ask about Shale blue, I can only assume it's some sort of shortage with pigment or something that's added but I'm just guessing here!

What change are you thinking when you say WLTP figures? I can't see it dropping enough to break into the lower first year VED if that's what you're meaning?

I am hoping to have two cars in October at some point, one a static showroom car and the other for test drives. The test drive car though I am still unsure when this can be driven on the public road. I'm hoping straight away but it may happen after the global media launch (date to be confirmed). If it's the latter, then they can only be driven off road until this happens. I am asking the question constantly but yet to know a date.

I will be based at Chester racecourse from October so I tried to get the internal track where the medical and TV crew drive but unfortunately this is public land so can't be done.

Not given you all the answers unfortunately but that's all I have at the minute.

Steve.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Is Tom from Ineos ~ this chap?

1663704263041.jpeg

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Does anybody remeber "BUMPER GATE"?
Could you be so kind and measure the depth of the front bumper from the front edge to the radiator on the blue and black grenadier? My estimate is that the black is certainly 5 cm deeper (I do not know what measure you use in England...).

As they both seem to be PTO2 models it has to be a reason for this difference. Is there a winch installed in the black one?

Screenshot_20220929_072135.jpg

Reactions: BD1

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:11 PM
Reaction score
I would be a bit careful about trusting what this guy posts.
He has said some unusual things (from memory)
the footrest in the footwell on the right would be a deal breaker for him if it was as large as everyone said.
He placed an order in February and hadn't ben given confirmation, poor service.
A few more negative things that lead to me checking his Facebook page to find he is in Austin Texas.
No orders have been taken from US and certainly not in February
Clearly he will be getting a LHD vehicle

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, that's a fair call; but is does line up nicely with other views on here.

Back
Top Bottom