The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Goodridge Brake Hoses

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:00 AM
Reaction score
So there was obviously some initial first delivery delays due to brake hoses. I heard two versions of the story why. One was that some had come without the required labels and so for type approval/Certificate of Conformity requirements they needed to swapped out; and secondly due to them being twisted when installed and so not meeting the suppliers installations requirements:
Screenshot_20230414_143410.jpg

I thought somewhere in the batch and hold, additional QA checks, ALL brake hoses would have been checked. No such luck!

Today I found one of my rear hoses twisted:
WP_20230605_059.jpg

With tell tale rubbing on the axle:
WP_20230605_061.jpg

Fab

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:00 AM
Reaction score
Hmmm… that can happen but should be changed at the dealer/agent, I think.
Because of warranty issues.
I have never bought a new car before, thus never had warranty issues.
Which meant I could do everything myself.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Unbelievable. This is Africa level.
Thank you for showing us.

May be I'm a bit picky, but after a (pre-delivery) recall that's simply unacceptable. What will you do?

I'd consider a complaint at the agent. In particular the damaged coating (powder-coated?) of the axle is a bummer - not to talk about the long term impact on the brake hose.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes it was the pre-delivery "recall" aspect that really pisses me off - even if it was only supposed to be on the front brakes as per previous photos I've seen; I'd have expected the instruction to say check them all as a matter of course.

I haven't finished going through the full vehicle yet. I have a large galley of photos, and I've shared many of the findings on here - looking to see if others have the issue, it's "normal" or mine is an outlier. I will need to formulate them into an email and fire it across to the agent. It's all fixable. Ideally, I would like to open a dialogue with someone directly at Ineos - I am after all their customer.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
That's the downside (are there upsides?) of the agent model. You can't get your agent by the balls because they just point at INEOS - and INEOS is not tangible. 👿

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:00 AM
Reaction score
Looks like it was installed on a hoist and therefore malpositioned when let down onto the suspension.
Critical safety issue that one. Everybody should double check.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Looks like it was installed on a hoist and therefore malpositioned when let down onto the suspension.
I don't think there's any relative movement across the two mounting points ~ both effectively fixed to the axle casing.

It just looks like poor installation technique, allowing the hose to twist in the final part of tightening the second union. It's a beginner's mistake if you are generous, but it should not have happened with proper training, and then it should have been picked up at the first QA inspection, and certainly shouldn't have been missed after a Technical Service Bulletin (TSB).

Critical safety issue that one. Everybody should double check.
It's definitely this. 👍

Jörk

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hello together
I am Jörk From germany and please sorry about my english
I had today an issue with one front brake hose. It so damaged that there was no brake funktion any more. Happy that it was in front of the garage and Not on the street.
Please check your hoses that nothing dangerous happens.
cheers Jörk

Attachments

• IMG_2034.jpeg
    IMG_2034.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 47
Back
Top Bottom