The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

First images of the 2C..?

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:57 PM
Reaction score

Posted on Instagram by Dirk Heilman himself. Assuming these are the 4 "2Cs" that have been produced in Hambach. All in the forums favourite colour! interesting to see whats different on them, and if the rear LCA mounts are higher... can't tell from this pic

stickshifter

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
Ahhhhh - They look great! Its going to be a long wait...

grenadierguy

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:57 AM
Reaction score
Maybe they will let North America have a 2C tour! Lol. One can dream. 

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
5:57 AM
Reaction score
The ground clearance definitely looks to be a little more than the other pictures I've seen so far. That could just be me imagining things though...

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Stu_Barnes said:
The ground clearance definitely looks to be a little more than the other pictures I've seen so far. That could just be me imagining things though...

I wonder if that's just the lack of a white painted chassis giving the illusion of more clearance 

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
5:57 AM
Reaction score
Spjnr said:
I wonder if that's just the lack of a white painted chassis giving the illusion of more clearance 

You're probably right, that and wishful thinking on my part.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Stu_Barnes said:
You're probably right, that and wishful thinking on my part.

Although apart from height of the resr LCA mounts, I don't think clearance is an issue for most people. Slightly upsized tyres and a suspension lift will make it perfect. 

stickshifter

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
Stu_Barnes said:

A lot of the prototypes we have been seeing in videos have some sort of a sidestep. I don't think they are actual rock-sliders because the rock-sliders you can see on the Ineos Grenadier website (under "accessories") are tucked up much closer to the body than the sidesteps I have been seeing on the prototypes. In any case - I bring this up because I think the sidesteps dramatically reduce the visible ground clearance and make the underbelly of the Grenadier look rather low to the ground. None of these 2C vehicles have sidesteps (or rock-sliders), so I think this explains your observation that they seem to have better ground clearance than most of the Grenadiers we have seen previously. Just my two cents!

d1rty

Reservation Holder
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
8:57 AM
Reaction score
Played around with exposure and black levels in GIMP, and not much detail to be extracted.  Maybe we can get a closer picture of the rear LCA mount next time?

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
d1rty said:
Played around with exposure and black levels in GIMP, and not much detail to be extracted.  Maybe we can get a closer picture of the rear LCA mount next time?

Ineos aren't exactly hiding the vehicle during development, so I'm sure we'll get a closer look soon enough 

Back
Top Bottom