The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Finally decided to cancel my reservation and request my $450USD refund.

Local time
5:39 AM
Reaction score
First of all, I really wanted to love this vehicle. I wanted to love everything it was about. I wanted to love everything it could do. But after a reservation over 1-1/2 years ago, I'm moving on. Wishing you all the best of luck with getting your Grenadier and hoping it's everything you wanted and more. Maybe if it ever becomes real here in the Northeast of the US, I'll reconsider. Until then, happy wheeling friends!

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:39 AM
Reaction score
I think a few will cancel after that last update from IA. Retailers 1st, book up new customer future orders 2nd, maybe delivery of reservation holders vehicles 3rd. Somehow we went from 1st to drive to 3rd down the list of milestones.

ARF

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
8:39 PM
Reaction score
Many cars built without signed contracts and of these some will not complete the purchase. What happens to the excess vehicles? sure some can end up as demonstrators but not all. Might be some deposit holders get a nice surprise if there are willing to be a little flexible with the vehicle specs ;)

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:39 PM
Reaction score
Many cars built without signed contracts and of these some will not complete the purchase. What happens to the excess vehicles? sure some can end up as demonstrators but not all. Might be some deposit holders get a nice surprise if there are willing to be a little flexible with the vehicle specs ;)
Dealer demonstrators and Ineos company vehicles.

Local time
2:39 AM
Reaction score
Dealers may be requiring non-reserved inventory as a buffer to support not marking up reservations. If so, I’m fine with that.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Dealers may be requiring non-reserved inventory as a buffer to support not marking up reservations. If so, I’m fine with that.
Never, they go straight to new pricing regime. That's the smart play.

Local time
2:39 AM
Reaction score
Never, they go straight to new pricing regime. That's the smart play.
Are you saying that they’ll include dealer markups even for reservation holders? Not sure what “new pricing regime” means as we don’t have old pricing in NA.

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:39 PM
Reaction score
If a cancelled order car that’s got a production slot booked (or is made) and it matches another person’s order in the system, then that order gets brought forward.
i know they are prioritising delivering orders over demonstrator cars, at least in australia. There will be few demos, less than one per dealer to start with.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
If a cancelled order car that’s got a production slot booked (or is made) and it matches another person’s order in the system, then that order gets brought forward.
i know they are prioritising delivering orders over demonstrator cars, at least in australia. There will be few demos, less than one per dealer to start with.
Didn't they just say they would give 2 demo's to each partner agent? I must have missed where IA said cancelled orders would remain only in the reservation priority list for the next holder, if they actually do that it would be good customer support. As a business it would be a terrible idea to forfeit $15K per cancellation to appease us plebs.

Earthwatcher

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I remember when buying a new Macan a few years ago they didn't have what I wanted, but within days, surprise, surprise, they'd found a cancelled order that matched. It happens all the time.

Now, whether the Grenadier agents will match cancelled cars to requirements from the queue of orders, remains to be seen. Maybe INEOS has a policy on this. My guess is that the agents would gladly sell a cancelled model to a showroom browser, but I suspect their hands will be tied somewhat since the sales contract is with INEOS, not with the agent.

That said, given the delays, INEOS might be minded to cut the agents some slack in this respect. There's bound to be some aftermarket sales activity, - flipping etc, and the agents will want to deal as much as anyone.

I'm sure many of us will be watching the aftermarket with interest. I'm looking forward to getting my car. If it lives up to expectations, I'll keep it. If not, I'll probably sell if I can find a willing buyer. Having driven one, I don't expect to be disappointed, but I'm hoping that the after sales experience is much better than this final production logjam.

My concern is that INEOS can control the market somewhat by drip-feeding demand. Managing production streams is a delicate operation, however, as INEOS has discovered. Better to concentrate on quality and let the market look after itself. Every cancellation represents an expectation that hasn't been met and that isn't good business.

alvan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:39 AM
Reaction score
Dealer demonstrators and Ineos company vehicles.
I remember a chat with a IA man saying that the first 10-15.000 Gren were destined to Ineos corporation. I don't know if that is still true...

BTW, my dealer is one of the biggest MB, BMW, MG, LR, Jaguar, Mini, Triumph in North Italy, with a long history. I don't think they would compromize their reputation with less than an excellent approach to the customer. I'm sure that wher the operations will pass from the newbie IA to experienced dealers, things will come.
According to me is a pity to have waited such a long time and give up with the deadline so close...

Back
Top Bottom