The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Factory (DIY) vs. Undocumented Factory vs. Dealer Installed Options

Local time
5:42 PM
Reaction score
Hi, as a matter of verifying (maybe still some speculation of course) and consolidating which are factor-only options. There is so much speculation / unclarified verification.

I thought it would be helpful to know which are truly "factory" installed options. However, I'm mostly curious which options, if not optioned, would be very difficult / expensive to replicate (especially as a 1st year vehicle where parts and retrofits would be especially challenging). I wouldn't go too much into the obvious (?) ones such as engines, F/R diff locks, safari windows, factory paint, etc. of course. However, some may not be so obvious if there are undocumented adds to a seemingly innocuous option.

My list of ones I'm not yet clear on or fodder for discussion:

Undocumented Factory (?)
Integrated Winch - It has been discussed this installation includes upgraded front springs and don't think this has been re-confirmed.
Fender Plates - Can these be added afterwards as their functionality was relating to a possible factory mod of the supporting structure if this was selected. I believe this is still hear-say, but not sure if there is anything more than a protective plate installed if this is selected.
Towing (Rear) Prep - While I'm planning on getting this out the gate, I'm curious if there is any prep for towing installed if not optioned out. I think this is useful to also mention as I heard a break controller is not prepped (regardless if it was optioned or not) and seems like an obvious miss if not provided.

Documented Factory
Auxiliary Battery - Wiring harness (and possibly componentry to electrical device integration) installed at factory is specific to this option and cannot be easily added. Just placing this here as an example as I believe this one is set in this category unless otherwise told.

Documented Dealer / DIY
Altimeter / Compass - I just put this here as an example. I assume this is an "easy" DIY and would only spec it out to get rid of the "A" in the dash. Wish this was just a basic clock as standard, ha. It would be odd for it not to have a plug for the power regardless of what was optioned out.

When I go on my drive this weekend, I'll be sure to ask at least these items to see what is in the know.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:42 AM
Reaction score
Hi, as a matter of verifying (maybe still some speculation of course) and consolidating which are factor-only options. There is so much speculation / unclarified verification.

I thought it would be helpful to know which are truly "factory" installed options. However, I'm mostly curious which options, if not optioned, would be very difficult / expensive to replicate (especially as a 1st year vehicle where parts and retrofits would be especially challenging). I wouldn't go too much into the obvious (?) ones such as engines, F/R diff locks, safari windows, factory paint, etc. of course. However, some may not be so obvious if there are undocumented adds to a seemingly innocuous option.

My list of ones I'm not yet clear on or fodder for discussion:

Undocumented Factory (?)
Integrated Winch - It has been discussed this installation includes upgraded front springs and don't think this has been re-confirmed.
Fender Plates - Can these be added afterwards as their functionality was relating to a possible factory mod of the supporting structure if this was selected. I believe this is still hear-say, but not sure if there is anything more than a protective plate installed if this is selected.
Towing (Rear) Prep - While I'm planning on getting this out the gate, I'm curious if there is any prep for towing installed if not optioned out. I think this is useful to also mention as I heard a break controller is not prepped (regardless if it was optioned or not) and seems like an obvious miss if not provided.

Documented Factory
Auxiliary Battery - Wiring harness (and possibly componentry to electrical device integration) installed at factory is specific to this option and cannot be easily added. Just placing this here as an example as I believe this one is set in this category unless otherwise told.

Documented Dealer / DIY
Altimeter / Compass - I just put this here as an example. I assume this is an "easy" DIY and would only spec it out to get rid of the "A" in the dash. Wish this was just a basic clock as standard, ha. It would be odd for it not to have a plug for the power regardless of what was optioned out.

When I go on my drive this weekend, I'll be sure to ask at least these items to see what is in the know.
Hi
First thing you have to take into account is the North American specification hasn't been finalised so any information you get might be totally incorrect and useless for you.
There is already significant difference between Europe spec and Australian spec.

Three things you must order from the factory or they are not ever going to be available for you are
  • Diff locks
  • Safari windows
  • High load wiring
Nearly everything else can be added later
Axles with diff locks are different to the ones that don't have them. Adding later would require new axles
Safari windows require cutting roof and replacing all headlining as a minimum
Hi load wiring would mean trying to put a huge thick wiring loom in a completed vehicle. That would require a complete strip out.
I would order the hi load wiring regardless because it is a relatively low cost adder for what you get.

Local time
10:12 AM
Reaction score
I was just at ARB Edwardstown Adelaide South Australia, and they told me they have a Ineos Grenadier in ARB head office for accessory development.
I asked about a long range plastic fuel tank, he said no news yet but soon, and they were very excited and animated as soon as I mentioned the Grenadier.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
For the Australian spec IG many of the exterior accessories are dealer, not INEOS, installed. For example, the roof rack and all its options. This was confirmed by the Dealer, but the exact list was still being discussed between INEOS and the Dealer Network. Even the Dealer’s sales rep was unsure. So it may include the Dealer installing the Roo Bar, side steps/sliders, Cyclone Pre-cleaner, LED light bar, etc. This will all impact delivery times after the cars reach the Dealer and the sales rep said so.

The roof rack and accessories is not surprising as Rhino Rack Australia makes them all.

Front winch, safari windows, aux power will be factory installed it seems. A few other items would also fall into this category.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In Australia at least, they have been working with Redarc for brake controllers, agents will be able to install, some of the PTO2s have them installed

Back
Top Bottom