The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Episode 004 "Exclusive Greg Clark interview and first North American On Road Drive"

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
10:57 PM
Reaction score
Welcome back for this special officially unofficial Grenadier podcast hosted by KRABBY and STU with Greg Clarke guest starring.

We ditch the webinar for a full interview, conversation and dalliance into the car world and really try to nail down how the sausage is made.

WE discuss the Grenadiers market position, the challenges bringing it to market and the strategic partnerships with the North American dealers. We also occasionally get misty eyed about vintage Land Rovers, so apologies for that.

The chicken tax comes up yet again as we discuss the Quartermaster and the enthusiasm from the North American market and finally we find out about Gregs love of Chips.

No after hours session on this show sadly, just a Stu that was very nervous about damaging a very special vehicle and a Krabby who still isn't sure on the gear lever...

Sit back, relax and enjoy this episode of Grenadier Works with KRABBY, Stu and GREG too.....

View: https://open.spotify.com/episode/3Nx9alsbWIrpaEyAb5Lr6b?si=37f14f5de5a14d82

And for those that just have to to see the stunning vista of the sweeping Malibu canyons and somewhat less stunning visage of Krabby and Stu, here is the YouTube link to the channel.

View: https://youtu.be/EXW9ngPjHzE

Last edited:

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:57 AM
Reaction score
Ok. So this is our first video attempt and it’s not yet showing up at YouTube.

That said, the audio is up and the video should get squared away today. Thing is, without pictures it’s often said it didn’t happen. Hopefully it’s fixed soon.

Edit - the video is up. Not HD, but we look better in low def. Trust me.

Last edited:

NoMoTaco

Global Grenadier 0742
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was hoping it wasn't just me losing my mind! I will wait for the video (with great anticipation)

Reactions: PBD

TerryS

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
12:57 AM
Reaction score
Great job guys! - can you give us an update when the video is ready?

Thanks.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hopefully later today! Stu has it cut and ready to go, but YouTube hasn't posted it yet.

Stu's on the west coast so it's still early there and getting the kids up and out is mission one.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Hopefully later today! Stu has it cut and ready to go, but YouTube hasn't posted it yet.

Stu's on the west coast so it's still early there and getting the kids up and out is mission one.
Come on Krabby, I'm on west coast. I will tell you, I get the best work done between 5am and 7 while kids are sleeping. No excuses, JK. When it happens it happens.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Another awesome episode gents! Looking forward to watching the video when it's up.

I think my absolute favorite line... "This drives just like the fit"

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi @Stu_Barnes and @Krabby , a suggestion.
I have created a prototype sticker, inspired by your very interesting podcasts. It should still have the link to the INEOS Forum on it.
Thank you for your work and effort. You are really great!
Maybe you'll take up the idea.

Attachments

• IMG_3175.jpg
    IMG_3175.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 39

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:57 AM
Reaction score
Welcome back for this special officially unofficial Grenadier podcast hosted by KRABBY and STU with Greg Clarke guest starring.

We ditch the webinar for a full interview, conversation and dalliance into the car world and really try to nail down how the sausage is made.

WE discuss the Grenadiers market position, the challenges bringing it to market and the strategic partnerships with the North American dealers. We also occasionally get misty eyed about vintage Land Rovers, so apologies for that.

The chicken tax comes up yet again as we discuss the Quartermaster and the enthusiasm from the North American market and finally we find out about Gregs love of Chips.

No after hours session on this show sadly, just a Stu that was very nervous about damaging a very special vehicle and a Krabby who still isn't sure on the gear lever...

Sit back, relax and enjoy this episode of Grenadier Works with KRABBY, Stu and GREG too.....

View: https://open.spotify.com/episode/3Nx9alsbWIrpaEyAb5Lr6b?si=37f14f5de5a14d82

And for those that just have to to see the stunning vista of the sweeping Malibu canyons and somewhat less stunning visage of Krabby and Stu, here is the YouTube link to the channel.

Just listened to the podcast. Very interesting and informative. Many thanks.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just listened to the podcast. Very interesting and informative. Many thanks.
Hi @Stu_Barnes and @Krabby , a suggestion.
I have created a prototype sticker, inspired by your very interesting podcasts. It should still have the link to the INEOS Forum on it.
Thank you for your work and effort. You are really great!
Maybe you'll take up the idea.
It's a great idea ... so good, in fact, we already had some made up 😁 We have some club stickers forthcoming too.

Our efforts to get merch available is coming along a bit slower than we want but there's lots to be done. Stu is that hardest working man I know and until something is spot on he holds back. We appreciate everyone's patience with stuff like that.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Excellent work and appericate the ribbing on footwelll. The big takeaway for me is the mpg. Talk about people canceling their order be ause of footwell. How about those ppl who canceled because they thought we were going to get 15 but end up getting 20 or even 23 with a downhill and tailwind.

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Looking forward to giving this a listen on my drive to work tomorrow! Nice one, Stu and Krabby!

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
How did you guys like the on road driving dynamics?
Purposeful, it’s heavy, you feel that. It goes directly where you point it as well which was surprising. Very flat through corners for what it is. If you’re coming form an air suspension vehicle it will feel pretty stiff. It holds the revs very well so there’s not much hunting up and down through gears. The steering takes 10 minutes to get used to, the same with the gear selector.

Didn’t really push things as these vehicles were to be left with the people that determine the residual values. To be honest I was pretty nervous about causing any damage. Needless to say, our best mate Greg would not have been impressed if I had ;)

I’m definitely not cancelling my order, I liked it on road more than I thought I would and it’s not very fatiguing to drive. Getting a good seating position was very easy and is definitely not car like at all, which for me is what I want and need.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:57 PM
Reaction score

Thanks both, enjoyed the content, probably works better for a good deal of it as a podcast as the camera position is just frustrating and you are talking about cars you see but basically we can’t see because of the camera position. Next time put the camera somewhere with a better view. 😄 but enjoyed nevertheless

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks both, enjoyed the content, probably works better for a good deal of it as a podcast as the camera position is just frustrating and you are talking about cars you see but basically we can’t see because of the camera position. Next time put the camera somewhere with a better view. 😄 but enjoyed nevertheless
Well to be frank, there was an epic fail of the tech. A few of the other mounts didn’t fit on the various rails and the third suction mount went kaput. If that had happened then there would have been 4 external cameras as well as inside. Also the microphones which arrived hours before the recording didn’t sync properly and we were timed out.
But, all those little things aside. The conversation with Greg really drew back the curtain on a few things, most notably of which for me is the public recognition of the forum in helping to develop the platform and provide feedback to INEOS. The commentary and experiences here have gone back into the mix to make the Grenadier better. That secret sauce is key to a community helping each other at the ground level and working with a manufacturer to everyone’s interest :)

RobS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Did you discuss anything noteworthy with GC that wasn’t on camera?

Back
Top Bottom