The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Episode 002 "The Hard Way Home"

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
9:53 PM
Reaction score
View: https://open.spotify.com/episode/10pV3C3GJKpKUtRX033TVX?si=l3q95jcSRfGuInFkgJPXsQ

Welcome back to the nearly new and officially unofficial Grenadier podcast hosted by KRABBY and STU

Last time we centered on the Grenadiers backstory and Sir Jim Radcliffe, this time though we speak to one of the first people in the world to take delivery of their new Grenadier. This wasn’t any delivery however, this was the hard way home.

After emerging triumphant from a tough selection process involving thousands of INEOS Grenadier customers, three winners headed to a remote valley in Morocco’s Atlas Mountains for the most extreme new vehicle handover. Including one of the world’s most dangerous roads, the Tizi n’ Test Pass, the adventurers were battered by fierce storms, unexpected snowfall and washed out trails that added to the expedition’s challenge.

The ‘Hard Way Home' competition was open to customers that had followed the Grenadier from the earliest stages of its development and had been among the first to place reservations. Entrants were invited to participate in an off-road selection event in the UK with videos of the candidates posted on INEOS Automotive’s social media channels. Fans and followers then voted for the finalists they believed deserved to take the ‘Hard Way Home’ from their vehicle handover in Morocco.

Three finalists were chosen, those being Gemma, Ingemar and Zahid, today we have one of them here to discuss his incredible adventure and his day to day life with the Grenadier after 15,000km.

We discuss the challenges that the expedition had and how they overcame them. We find out which vehicles broke down and more importantly which ones didn’t. Ingemar also explains the modifications that he has made to his Grenadier ‘Loki’ and what’s on the horizon for future trips. Lastly but not neatly we get to meet Thor, Ingemar's faithful husky sidekick.

Sit back and relax as we enjoy the Hard Way Home on this episode of Grenadier Works with KRABBY, STU and INGEMAR too.

Expedition Highlights

Tizi n’ Test Pass

Grit, Rigor and Humour

The INEOS Forum

Ingemars Social media channels

Instagram

Youtube

#Grenadier

#4x4

#BuiltOnPurpose

#INEOSGrenadier

#GrenadierPodcast

#GrenadierWorks

#thehardwayhome

”The Grenadier” headline track by Gabriel Borza

”Grenadier Works” logo by Antonio García

Last edited:

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:53 PM
Reaction score
I finally got the chance to listen to Ep1 today - you didn’t force me to sleep gents so well done. Good content although @Krabby you play to the US market heavily and @Stu_Barnes has to reprimand you often. 😉
And don’t worry about running off on tangents - that just gives you cause to cover more content later on. 😂😂

2 things though if I may:
1. Krabby have you told the Defender Factory visit story somewhere before? I’m certain I’ve heard that previously.
2. Why do podcasts always have to have the closing music so much bloody louder than the actual content?? The same thing happens with ads on the TV - drives my old ears mad.

Reactions: IGL

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:53 AM
Reaction score
I finally got the chance to listen to Ep1 today - you didn’t force me to sleep gents so well done. Good content although @Krabby you play to the US market heavily and @Stu_Barnes has to reprimand you often. 😉
And don’t worry about running off on tangents - that just gives you cause to cover more content later on. 😂😂

2 things though if I may:
1. Krabby have you told the Defender Factory visit story somewhere before? I’m certain I’ve heard that previously.
2. Why do podcasts always have to have the closing music so much bloody louder than the actual content?? The same thing happens with ads on the TV - drives my old ears mad.
I am true to myself. No playing around. What you hear is what you get. Thankfully you don’t have to see us. Yet. 😁

I did tell that story on here somewhere. No clue what thread though. It was a fantastic day at Solihull and I would gladly do it again (was a bit pricey though).

Back
Top Bottom