The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Driver's side instrument cluster

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:43 PM
Reaction score
Thanks @AnD3rew - precisely to my point! An ODB connector at the top of the dash where a gauge like this can simply snap-on would be ideal.
The better-engineered option would be to include a modular (built-in) bracket so that the gauge cluster can be safely and securely fastened - this would be consistent with the "modular" design approach of the center console panels.
Just a note- the design of the centre stack is not modular. It looks like it might be, but it isnt.
ineos has stated, albeit a long time ago, that the overhead panels would be, but not somewhere for your obd objectives.
personally, i think that muscle memory for glancing at the screen, or whatever other differences there are in control changes in this car will be no harder than many alternate layout cars ive driven over the years, including very low central speedos. I dont even remember any issues with any of them, some were terrible (old fj, series rover, suzuki, beetle, fiats, mini, etc etc)

in other words, ineos have made many decisions, for reasons but from a blank slate. i suspect it will be easy to drive and own.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:43 PM
Reaction score
I'll be adding an AM centered speedo - looking left all the time to see if I'm doing 60 or 64 isn't good. Not when speeding fines in Aus can be anything from 3km over!!!
There is a cruise control fitted as standard…

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:43 PM
Reaction score
You don't look left , it's the merest glance.
OfficialCleverAmazonparrot-max-1mb.gif

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Have you driven one?
You don't look left , it's the merest glance.
Must be awful to be driving so close to the edge of a fine all the time. Really stressful.
That and the humungous footwell. OMG!
Driven the vehicle 3 times. So yes. Glancing left is odd and yes its only minor - but annoying to my vision. I dont look at the radio when its on - so ill apply same logic at 110kms... speedo in 300mm view of centre LOS.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
By law it has to be in line of sight of the driver when looking straight ahead.
So I am sure it is super fine.
Besides you will be looking slightly to the centre anyway due to the windscreen wiper and footrest problems
This made me laugh HAHA! I thought the footrest would actually push you more right... making the 'glance left' even more so!!!

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This made me laugh HAHA! I thought the footrest would actually push you more right... making the 'glance left' even more so!!!
who mentioned footrest...aaaaah

Back
Top Bottom