The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Drive Days in USA

Local time
12:46 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone received any updated information about the US Drive Days?

Back in December, I received the following email:

TEST DRIVES IN NORTH AMERICA

Eager to get behind the wheel of the Grenadier? You’re in luck. Our PTO2 prototypes landed, and we’re shortly going to kick off a series of off-road events across the region.

Here’s our provisional schedule of events. Confirmation and more information to follow in January:

February 2023
Dallas, TX
Houston, TX
Phoenix, AZ
San Diego, CA
Tampa/ Orlando, FL

It goes on to mention other cities for March and April.

I haven't been able to find anything about these events on grenadierevents.com or anywhere else on the site, so I sent them an email yesterday, 1/26, requesting an update. Here was their reply:

Thank you very much for contacting INEOS Automotive.​
We are happy to hear you are interested in the Grenadier.​
Test drives will be available for customers soon.​
we do not have any specific timeframe for when they will be available yet.
However, once they do become available, we will be in touch with more information.​
Once, they do become available, you can find them via our events page.​
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further assistance.​
Thanks,​
Maneesh​

Reactions: m-j
Local time
2:46 PM
Reaction score
I've been waiting for the same update. Seems like a February test drive is optimistic. However it seems like the October static demo popped up pretty quickly.

Local time
Reaction score
I am a bit disappointed (a common theme about IGs communication) not yet hearing about dates and locations for February at least. I was wanting to book a flight and may not be able to last minute. So, assuming they aren't going to hit the mark on that email.

Reducs

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Supporter
Local time
3:46 PM
Reaction score

Eager to get behind the wheel of the Grenadier? You’re in luck. Our PTO2 prototypes landed, and we’re shortly going to kick off a series of off-road events across the region.

Here’s our provisional schedule of events. Confirmation and more information to follow in January:

February 2023
Dallas, TX
Houston, TX
Phoenix, AZ
San Diego, CA
Tampa/ Orlando, FL

I haven't been able to find anything about these events on grenadierevents.com or anywhere else on the site, so I sent them an email yesterday, 1/26, requesting an update. Here was their reply:

However, once they do become available, we will be in touch with more information.​
Thanks,​
Maneesh​
Nothing yet in my inbox. I'm in the Dallas area and am waiting patiently.

Ovrland Bill

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Just counting the days…

Local time
Reaction score
I guess this was someone that attended the US based drive days, a nice informative write up from HeenYo: View: https://www.reddit.com/r/ineosgrenadier/comments/118j5rc/i_drove_the_grenadier_today_usa/

Here's a snippet of the content:

I went to the first USA prototype test drive. These are my impressions:

1. It's a real vehicle. It is a test vehicle that wasn't street-legal. All dash lights were on. It was stressed multiple times that the display would be completely different in production. It had big red (presumably shut off) buttons temporarily mounted in the cupholders. I couldn't adjust anything other than the seat. None of the switches worked. I was not allowed to pop the hood, but they had one on a rack to show all of the underside.
  2. It was set in offroad mode, 4WD low with central diff lock. We drove 15 minutes in wet compacted bank sand, dry sugar sand, some mud, and standing water with both sandy and muddy bottom. It never searched for a gear. It never slipped a tire. It was nothing but solid contact and power. The steering was tight. I couldn't get it to fishtail or swing out. I went down a slippery 1:1 slope without descent control, a good 2:1 cross slope with the low side in the water, and some close articulation. No groans or complaints. We went through two water crossings maybe 14-18" deep, 50ft long, and with a hidden pothole or two. No issues. I hit a buried log in loose sand with some momentum and it felt like a speed bump in a parking lot.
  3. The front seats sit on high mounts. There is room under the drivers seat for a small purse to slide under. There is a tool roll under the passenger seat. The rear seats have batteries and fuse boxes underneath (and what looked to be an on board charger or converter). There is no storage under the rear seats. The seats are comfortable. The knee room in the drivers seat is maybe narrow, but I found it held my knees when the vehicle is bouncing around. The back seat has plenty of knee room but is not adjustable. The middle seat has no space for feet of any size. You sit high, very high. This makes for excellent visibility, but you feel like your head is in a bucket. My eyeline was at the top or above the window line. The door sill is at a low, comfortable elbow height. The rear seats fold flat but are a good 4" above the floor of the back storage area. There are good handholds where you expect them. The rear door is heavy. The rear door table is sturdy and seems like a usable option. There are floor drains. The child seat latches are super accessible.
  4. The snorkel is not watertight. It is a cyclone precleaner for heavy dust particles. It does not interfere with your field of vision. It is mounted securely.
  5. The doors are heavy and close with a satisfying surety. The door handles are push button and feel solid. The safari windows are removable. The drip rail is structural and is what the top luggage rack mounts to.
  6. The winch is accessible. The fenders hold 300lbs. The roof holds 800lbs. The balljoints are all large diameter. The rear springs are huge. Most of the shock mount bolts can be reached while on the ground. The U joints are unfamiliar, not the normal cross variety but maybe a sealed disc? There is lots of heat shielding on the underside. The stamped gas tank shield is wonky, but maybe it will help the vehicle slide.

zvakanaka

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:46 PM
Reaction score

February 2023
Dallas, TX
Houston, TX
Phoenix, AZ
San Diego, CA
Tampa/ Orlando, FL

Thanks,​
Maneesh​
You had an event in Florida recently (Tampa/Orlando?) but I never received an invitation nor any notification about it via my registered email. As a reservation owner for over a year, I'm seriously disappointed with Ineos's general lack of communication and specifically about these grenadier events. Honestly, the Ineos PR department can/should be significantly improved.

Local time
Reaction score
You had an event in Florida recently (Tampa/Orlando?) but I never received an invitation nor any notification about it via my registered email. As a reservation owner for over a year, I'm seriously disappointed with Ineos's general lack of communication and specifically about these grenadier events. Honestly, the Ineos PR department can/should be significantly improved.
You can sign up via https://grenadierevents.com/ but will first need to email eventsamericas@ineosgrenadier.com to get them to put you on the list of allowed emails.

Like you, I wasn't getting any notifications about events

Back
Top Bottom