The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Dr Pickypants / That Model Car

Local time
6:50 PM
Reaction score
'Dr Pickypants incorporating That Madel Car is a model design studio and advanced manufacturing business.

In January 2021 I suffered a TBI (Traumatic brain injury) as a result of workplace accident. It has been a difficult time for me and those close to me however my health is slowly improving. I thank God "most days" that I am still here, remembering the event could have been much worse.

To aid in my recovery I started working out of my garage making coasters on a laser cutter. I then started working with some great friends Bruce and Jay to develop this 3d model laser cut model business. Designing and making these models has reminded me that I have value, that I can start to make a positive contribution to the lives of others.

Working on these complex puzzles has given me a great sense of personal achievement. Getting great comments from family and friends about the finished display models has done wonders for my self esteem.

The models we design and manufacture are heirloom quality and made to enhance our customers lives.

Whether it is a gift, a challenging project or something stunning to put on display, everyone can benefit from a product made right here in Australia.

We use only FSA approved and manufactured materials sourced from truly sustainable timber plantations'

https://drpickypants.com/INEOS-Grenadier-Construction-Kit-And-Model-p512592884

https://drpickypants.com

Mike has kindly offered forum members a 20% coupon discount to be entered on the checkout page of his site the code is INEOSFORUM

Attachments

• 3354879895.jpg.png
    3354879895.jpg.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,857
Last edited by a moderator:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
10:50 AM
Reaction score
Thank you very much, Stu.

This is very valuable background information that - for me - sheds a different light on such a model. It literally gives the models a special value. (y)

Local time
Reaction score
Hi Folks,
Firstly I would like to acknowledge Jeff Melville from Sydney who introduced me to the forum as a “thinking man’s“ alternative to FacebooI. Also to Stu_Barnes who has gone out of his way to make me feel welcome and valued as a contributor and first vendor.

Previously I had a business making solid timber Restaurant interiors in Australia until a fateful day when one of my staff positioned a pallet full of timber incorrectly on a 4 metre high storage rack. I was sitting at the lunch table on the other side of the rack when a 50kg block of timber fell off the pallet and onto my head.

When I awoke 34 minutes later there were 2 paramedics working on me in the back of an ambulance. After arriving at hospital and having various scans i had 3 breaks in my skull and had lost 13 teeth ending up with a TBI (brain injury) . It was the beginning of what has become the Best Season of my life so far.

Initially there were some very dark days. The business closed the pain and sense of failure and loss were overwhelming at times. I have gone from a 2000m2 factory to working out of my shed at home. I must say the support and love firstly from my wife (Beth) of 30 years ( sorry I just got corrected 🙄 29 years) and many others along the journey has been incredible in my recovery.

Anyway sorry for the long background. My medical team suggested I start doing something utilising my wood working skills and Advanced manufacturing experience .

I started making very basic lasercut coasters for businesses in my town and working with a couple of engineering friends started to develop lasercut models. We then tackled the Ineos Grenadier for fun. Well things have become very interesting and ”important people” have start to pay attention to what we are doing. I set up a website as an homage to what my family now call me www.drpickypants.com

if anyone from the forum would like to have a closer look at the models I’m marking please follow this link. And use the coupon at checkout “ INEOSFORUM “ for a 20% discount on your order. This is the model configuration link.

AB3BD0C1-B247-4EBD-8C4E-66CB763C5DBF.jpegFC4D8314-4322-45E3-8C59-3803CB371F6B.jpeg61C8A858-E828-42C4-BF26-2C29BCC33A01.jpeg

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
The most important thing is that you got upright again.

You have my respect and admiration for the path you have mastered and you are still mastering. Hats off! (y)

Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score
It’s over two months since I ordered mine and still a no show, it’s as bad as the real thing! 🤣😂😂
Hi Chris, I apologise for the lack of follow up. You model and other are cut ready for painting. Unfortunately getting the paint codes out of Ineos has been pretty difficult. They are treating these codes like some kind of state secret. All going well they will be available this week and all the painted orders will go out.

Thanks everyone for your patience. A gift from Stu our forum leader is included in each package. Kind regards Mike

Chris

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:50 AM
Reaction score
Hi Chris, I apologise for the lack of follow up. You model and other are cut ready for painting. Unfortunately getting the paint codes out of Ineos has been pretty difficult. They are treating these codes like some kind of state secret. All going well they will be available this week and all the painted orders will go out.

Thanks everyone for your patience. A gift from Stu our forum leader is included in each package. Kind regards Mike
No problem (y)
As long as you don't tell me I can't claim the VAT back!!! ;):ROFLMAO:

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Mike,
any news of your models? Did the right paint already arrived?
When can I approximately expect the delivery to Germany?
Best regards
Max

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I know he is still waiting on the color codes being released by IA, so that may be the hold up?
Thank you Stu. It seemed that this problem had been solved three weeks ago. I really do not want to push and the information policy is really very close to the one from IA, so he certainly does it more than good 👍😂
But maybe he could just write a short weekly message here so we know he’s well and going strong!

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:50 AM
Reaction score
Agreed - there's a real beauty in the raw wood version, and since I keep changing my mind on my Grenadier color anyway....
Plus no worries with rodents, just be mindful of termites.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Has anyone heard of @Dr Pickypants since mid of February?
I reached out for Mike by mail but there is no reaction at all.
Any news welcome!

Back
Top Bottom