The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Dealers in Portugal

Local time
1:59 PM
Reaction score
I just spoke to Ineos Spain who told me delivery would now be 2024 (my last email told me March this year which was never going to happen), and that there could be a very significant tax cost. i've asked them if they can confirm the tax if treated as a commercial vehicle and await the reply. there is still no dealer in Portugal - they are speaking to 2 different parties. for now i'll keep the deposit in place until i get an answer on the tax and get to speak to a Portuguese dealer, but sadly if the tax cost is as high as the IG contact suggested then i'll likely cancel.

Local time
Reaction score
I just spoke to Ineos Spain who told me delivery would now be 2024 (my last email told me March this year which was never going to happen), and that there could be a very significant tax cost. i've asked them if they can confirm the tax if treated as a commercial vehicle and await the reply. there is still no dealer in Portugal - they are speaking to 2 different parties. for now i'll keep the deposit in place until i get an answer on the tax and get to speak to a Portuguese dealer, but sadly if the tax cost is as high as the IG contact suggested then i'll likely cancel.
My deposit was returned on the promise that the "preferred dealer" would be in touch to finalise the order. There was no "preferred dealer", nor any sort and the return of the deposit looks like a get out by Ineos.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:59 AM
Reaction score
Yea, that does not sound good. Are there definitely dealers in Spain that could help? Can a car be purchased in any EU country and registered in any other? (ie, can you buy in France, but register in Portugal)

Local time
Reaction score
apologies i made an error as the deposit has been returned - it was in December when i was told my delivery date would be March. i am due to speak to Ineos tomorrow and will ask them on this. if the IG is treated as a commercial vehicle do you know if it qualifies for lower ISV tax?

Local time
Reaction score
Yea, that does not sound good. Are there definitely dealers in Spain that could help? Can a car be purchased in any EU country and registered in any other? (ie, can you buy in France, but register in Portugal)
once resident in portugal you cannot buy a vehicle in another country without paying huge import taxes even from EU. and if moving to portugal you need to have owned the vehicle for 6months. so unfortunately not an option for those living in portugal to purchase through the spanish dealer.

Local time
Reaction score
Is there anyone who placed a deposit for purchase in Portugal, has had their deposit returned AND had contact with an IG dealer?
Hi - an update from me as I have been chasing down Ineos for months. Finally they have confirmed that they will not have any dealers in Portugal and effectively not offering Grenadiers for sale to Portugal. Prior to this, I was told discussions were still taking place, even after the deposit was returned. Still not given any meaningful explanation as to why a dealer cannot be found. It has all been a complete waste of time and they should never have offered the vehicle into Portugal. If I had know at the time I would looked at alternatives which are now all much more costly 2 years down the line!

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
6:59 AM
Reaction score
Thats really quite bad, their configurator still has Portugal as a sales market with prices etc.

Back
Top Bottom