The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

DC to AC Power Inverter

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:21 AM
Reaction score
I bought this (see below) in China (Ali Express), arrived today. Should be of good quality, because iPhones are also built in China ;) , but only time will tell.
2800 Watt peak, means about 1400 watt continuous load.
Small digital display with both voltages (alternating 220V / real battery voltage).
Works without problem between 10 Volt and 14V (I did put it at 9 Volt, but after some minutes, it switches off).
3 universal AC outlets, two on top, one on the right side, next to the on-off switch.
Ventilator is quite noisy, but seems to work well!
95 euro. Delivery time: 11 days!
Dimension 22 X 7 X 10 cm, therefore should fit in the remaining space behind the second battery of the Trialmaster or Grenadiers with this second battery and high load power installation.
Power Inverter.jpg

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Full sine wave?
Yes, I checked the wave too, with my "electronic computer USB oscilloscope", but at a quite low load, 1.5 Amps going into the Power Inverter! That means only 0.5 A above the "idle current": idle current at 12V is 1A.
[EDITED] The inverter weighs a bit less than 1 kg (without the wiring).

Last edited:

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:21 AM
Reaction score
I’m putting a Durite 2000w pure sine wave inverter in. 4000w peak power output and 2000w continuous power output. I‘m buying from a British company so that I have some recall if there is a problem.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Why not buying a Victron one in Europe instead of an unknown Chinese thingy?
I knew I would get comments on my Chinese stuff ... :cry: but I will answer ...
  • I am free to buy wherever I want!
  • A lot of stuff comes from China, the iPhone, the seat belts of the Grenadier, and probably quite some components of your Victron, if not all of them,
  • The Victron is unknown British stuff for me
  • The Victron (see link here) does cost 10 times more! 1100 euro instead of 100 euro (rounded prices)
  • I am playing around, and am not sure I will use it often, therefore I don't buy expensive stuff, I am not a professional who will really work with the inverter and depends on it!
  • I don't mind the warranty: as I will almost not use it, I don't need it, and for the price of the Victron I can buy 10 of them!
I bought some other stuff on Amazon (also for playing around with my Grenadier), thought it was European made, and it was also made in China, distributed by a Spanish company. Watch a later post!

DDG

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
11:21 PM
Reaction score
Hair dryers are typically 1200-1600W minimum so alas he may struggle if doing a full style.
Based on another thread “average age of Grenadier buyers”, there is an inverse relationship between Grenadier ownership and the need for a hair dryer. Joking of course, but in seriousness what would one do with a power inverter in one’s grenadier? For refrigerators and other overlanding gear? I’ve never found the need for anything more sophisticated than an insulated ice chest cooler. I am very interested though for someone to show me the advantages and use case(s).
As far as Chinese manufacturing; I’m perfectly happy with anything as long as the intellectual property/trademarks are not being violated. China has a very poor reputation in that regard unfortunately. As a country they do not protect the inventor’s rights. That’s a shame, but one must be careful not to stereotype every Chinese product.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:21 PM
Reaction score
Based on another thread “average age of Grenadier buyers”, there is an inverse relationship between Grenadier ownership and the need for a hair dryer. Joking of course, but in seriousness what would one do with a power inverter in one’s grenadier? For refrigerators and other overlanding gear? I’ve never found the need for anything more sophisticated than an insulated ice chest cooler. I am very interested though for someone to show me the advantages and use case(s).
As far as Chinese manufacturing; I’m perfectly happy with anything as long as the intellectual property/trademarks are not being violated. China has a very poor reputation in that regard unfortunately. As a country they do not protect the inventor’s rights. That’s a shame, but one must be careful not to stereotype every Chinese product.
Induction hot plates, air fryers, coffee machines even kettles.
As we use 240V these devices are a lot more common as they require less current to operate than US devices on 110V

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:21 AM
Reaction score
I don't need need a hair dryer, that's why I use a hat, sun burns my skull, but I am desperately looking for a beard dryer, and don't find any on AliExpress, can somebody help me? 🤔 :cry: :eek:
I'm hair follicle challenged and have the same hat type, but in Scotland it's not the sun I have to keep off but rain going down my neck

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have a Renogy brand 2000w with peak 4000w. It’s an American brand but I have no doubt that it was probably made in China or at least most components were. It was about $350AUD which I reckon isnt bad value, you can buy cheaper but often you do get what you pay for and it is an experienced and respected brand. I don’t know yet if I will permanently install it or just put an Anderson plug in somewhere and just plug it in when I want it. TBH I bought it mainly on a whim as I generally don’t take mains appliances with me out in the bush. But I have found it useful from time to time when we have had blackouts at home. I always keep about 3 charged deep cycle batteries around the house and I have some portable solar panels so I can keep computers and fridge running etc. it also has a UPS (uninteruptable power supply) function so you can plug it into mains and then plug your battery in and plug in your appliances and if the mains power goes out the battery will take over until mains power restored66D9D2BF-695F-4E0D-8323-15EE71A4E71A.jpeg

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I knew I would get comments on my Chinese stuff ... :cry: but I will answer ...
  • I am free to buy wherever I want!
  • A lot of stuff comes from China, the iPhone, the seat belts of the Grenadier, and probably quite some components of your Victron, if not all of them,
  • The Victron is unknown British stuff for me
  • The Victron (see link here) does cost 10 times more! 1100 euro instead of 100 euro (rounded prices)
  • I am playing around, and am not sure I will use it often, therefore I don't buy expensive stuff, I am not a professional who will really work with the inverter and depends on it!
  • I don't mind the warranty: as I will almost not use it, I don't need it, and for the price of the Victron I can buy 10 of them!
I bought some other stuff on Amazon (also for playing around with my Grenadier), thought it was European made, and it was also made in China, distributed by a Spanish company. Watch a later post!
Hi Jean, Victron is closer to you than London.... it is a Dutch company with head office in Almere in The Netherlands...;)
For experimenting , buying electrical stuff from Alibaba is a shrewd move!

Back
Top Bottom