The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Day One heading to Baja and headaches already!

Ragman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:52 PM
Reaction score
We left for the Mexican 1000 today and all was good for the first half of the 13 hour drive. Bucking some serious headwinds and out mileage is averaging between 11 and 12 which is bring up some range anxiety for Baja but I do have a couple of fuel bladders with me.

About half way I suddenly got a warning that a tire was over inflated and showed 50 # on the computer-didn’t clear for rest of the day so will check them in the morning.

Stopped for fuel 4 times, immediately after the fourth the check engine light lit up. No topping off the tank so not sure BUT also lost the cruise control-no icon when I press the button to turn on, nothing. That is going to make for a long 10.5 hours to Flagstaff tomorrow! Anyone know the fuse for cruise, I didn’t see it in the manual?

Fingers crossed it resolves after sitting overnight.

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:52 AM
Reaction score
I was advised by Ineos that the TPMS high pressure alarm (when driving in hot climates) with a heavy load or towball download is a fault known by their Engineers, but a fix is not on their things to do work list. I'm now towing in a cooler climate with no high pressure alarm so I guess if you're in Europe all is fine - and for the rest of us - suck it up. Should be a simple enough software fix, suggest report the issue to Ineos and dealer. :)

Ragman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
What event are you doing?

Highly advise an OBD2 scanner for such an adventure. I used the OBDLink MX+ on my cross country drive. It was able to read and clear codes - including the fuel fill one.
Driving in the Mexican 1000. I had reader on my to do list but slipped through the final rush to prepare.

Reactions: Max

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:52 PM
Reaction score
I was driving from MA to NJ last week and got the high pressure warning as well. Pressures were reading at 47 when the RR or came up on two tires. Eventually increased to 50 while the others were in the 47-48 range. I aired down to ~40 and all was good. Started the car today and got the low pressure warning reading around 35-37., Weird thing was one tire read 36 w/error but another tire read the same but no error. 🤷

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Driving in the Mexican 1000. I had reader on my to do list but slipped through the final rush to prepare.
Pick one up

Don't let the Grenadier idle for long times - even to keep the AC on. It can cause a CEL, and it will disable a cylinder - I had it happen in my driveway. Once I cleared the code, it was fine.

Also - best of luck! I'm 100% jelly of this trip and want to do something similar soonish.

Last edited:

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:52 PM
Reaction score
The good thing is that none of these issues will stop you moving although maybe annoying. I was always getting tpms tyre pressure warnings and also tyre overheat warnings when aired down for long periods. Note cruise control will not work in offroad mode or as I remember with centre diff locked. My cruise control was always dropping out over bumps and corrugations
Good luck on your adventure 😎

terdrocket

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
We left for the Mexican 1000 today and all was good for the first half of the 13 hour drive. Bucking some serious headwinds and out mileage is averaging between 11 and 12 which is bring up some range anxiety for Baja but I do have a couple of fuel bladders with me.

About half way I suddenly got a warning that a tire was over inflated and showed 50 # on the computer-didn’t clear for rest of the day so will check them in the morning.

Stopped for fuel 4 times, immediately after the fourth the check engine light lit up. No topping off the tank so not sure BUT also lost the cruise control-no icon when I press the button to turn on, nothing. That is going to make for a long 10.5 hours to Flagstaff tomorrow! Anyone know the fuse for cruise, I didn’t see it in the manual?

Fingers crossed it resolves after sitting overnight.
Cruise control will not work with the check engine light lit up. You have to clear the code, then all is well again.

crashnburn

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Good luck @Ragman !!
Keep us updated on your progress whenever you get the time.
💪

nuclearmonkey

Grenadier Ordered
Contract Signed
Local time
Reaction score
Pick one up

Don't let the Grenadier idle for long times - even to keep the AC on. It can cause a CEL, and it will disable a cylinder - I had it happen in my driveway. Once I cleared the code, it was fine.

Also - best of luck! I'm 100% jelly of this trip and want to do something similar soonish.
Is this a known issue? I have live in south Florida and occasionally am in situations where you’re in the car idling with the AC on. How long did you have it idling for?

bamanuke

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Is this a known issue? I have live in south Florida and occasionally am in situations where you’re in the car idling with the AC on. How long did you have it idling for?
I let mine idle for at least 10 minutes, sometimes longer, for the first "start" of the day. never had an issue, will hit 12000 miles on the odometer today

Ragman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was driving from MA to NJ last week and got the high pressure warning as well. Pressures were reading at 47 when the RR or came up on two tires. Eventually increased to 50 while the others were in the 47-48 range. I aired down to ~40 and all was good. Started the car today and got the low pressure warning reading around 35-37., Weird thing was one tire read 36 w/error but another tire read the same but no error. 🤷
Ya my two rear read the same but only one triggered

nuclearbeef

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Don't forget that if you have the KO2s, they are E-rated with a max pressure of 80 psi.
So, yeah; annoying. Even more annoying that INEOS chooses to ignore the problem.
But, 50 psi is not really an issue for the tires or vehicle.

Local time
3:52 PM
Reaction score
Maybe it would be a good idea for the dealers/Ineos to throw in an OBD reader to compliment its repair manual (sarc)

It would be cool though if they teamed with somebody like Carista to get live feed back from owners that opted in.

Local time
Reaction score
Crikey. Might as well be my Taco. How is new dog doing with all your travel?

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:52 PM
Reaction score
Don't forget that if you have the KO2s, they are E-rated with a max pressure of 80 psi.
So, yeah; annoying. Even more annoying that INEOS chooses to ignore the problem.
But, 50 psi is not really an issue for the tires or vehicle.
Running my 17" KO2's @ 37 psi. As they heat up, I see 40 psi. The vehicle and steering are spot on. I do wonder if an increased pressure might improve fuel consumption but probably at the cost of comfort.

Back
Top Bottom