The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Crap, I have some kind of an oil leak! (Transfer case output flange)

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:01 PM
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing.
1) Anyway to catch this at PDI? I am not too shy to crawl underneath and have a look when I go pick mine up.
2) What are the build dates of the ones that are leaking and is there more than 2 that we know of?

300chris

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:01 PM
Reaction score
1) seems to take a few hundred miles for the leak to become apparent, but I’d still peek.
2) mine was august build date (delivery in late December)

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
1) Anyway to catch this at PDI? I am not too shy to crawl underneath and have a look when I go pick mine up.
2) What are the build dates of the ones that are leaking and is there more than 2 that we know of?
I'm not sure that you'd see this at PDI, as they are fairly "fresh" off the boat, and definitely not with many miles on them. If it was leaking enough to be seen (like in the photos above), it would absolutely be caught at the PDI

As of about a week ago the only transfer case leaks in the US reported to dealers/Ineos were on this forum, so the overall numbers are quite small

hoohoohama

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I noticed a bit of oil leaking under my grenadier recently, not sure what it is. Any advice?

Attachments

• IMG_9256.jpeg
    IMG_9256.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_9250.jpeg
    IMG_9250.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 45

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:01 PM
Reaction score
I noticed a bit of oil leaking under my grenadier recently, not sure what it is. Any advice?
Have you noticed any drips on the floor. Mine had what I thought was a leak in the same spot. It was the same color as what you have, but was more like a grease than oil. I wiped it off and has not come back in a couple hundred miles.

Local time
3:01 AM
Reaction score
That oil appears to be motor oil. It could be dripping down from the oil filter, and tracking along the motor. Try and trace up the motor to find the leak. Or start on top of motor and look for where it looks dry, to where oil is present. Check all sides of motor. Looks like dripping down on starter motor. Could be coming from bell housing, and rear main shaft seal.

hoohoohama

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks, I wiped clean all the spots I can see and reach, will see if it will leak around the same spot tomorrow. The funny part is that I only noticed the leak after watching this great review
View: https://youtu.be/P41pZAX70U4?si=hH7XtxHD_G44sLIu

which motivated me to crawl under the car to take a closer look

Back
Top Bottom