The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Colour samples and comparison pictures.

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
9:56 AM
Reaction score
So I now have all the colour samples with me and decided to head to the BMW showroom to see what matches closely enough to give you an idea what they look like. I know they're not exact matches but they're the closest match in the BMW range. Hope this may help some of you.
Britannia blue.jpeg
Donny grey.jpegInky black.jpegMagic Mushroom.jpegQueens red.jpegScottish white.jpegSela green.jpegSterling silver.jpegShale blue.jpeg

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:56 PM
Reaction score
Many thanks Steve - good to compare against BMW colours (although some don't seem that close). I can see at my local BMW dealer

Different cameras & lighting provide differing results but amazed how creamy the white and dark the mushroom seems.

IG Pop

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:56 AM
Reaction score
Dear Steve-
Hope all is well.
Can you comment on the color availability which is discussed in a separate thread?
I understand there will be no wrapping or carpet available and I read somewhere else that also the metal luggage compartment divider (e.g. for doggies) is not available either ?! 🥺
Thank you very much

Last edited:

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
Local time
Reaction score
Dear Steve-
Hope all is well.
Can you comment on the color availability which is discussed in a separate thread?
I understand there will be no wrapping or carpet available and I read somewhere else that also the metal luggage compartment divider (e.g. for doggies) is not available either ?! 🥺
Thank you very much
I can yes, someone from customer services will be in touch as the information regarding colours is incorrect.

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Dear Steve-
Hope all is well.
Thank you very much
I've had a very confusing call from Ineos this morning saying that I can't have the full height luggage divider without the cargo barrier. But I only ordered the half height cargo barrier (not the divider). It's not filling me with confidence about what on earth I am going to get in my contract!

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
Local time
Reaction score
I've had a very confusing call from Ineos this morning saying that I can't have the full height luggage divider without the cargo barrier. But I only ordered the half height cargo barrier (not the divider). It's not filling me with confidence about what on earth I am going to get in my contract!
Going on the website, when you order the half height barrier it automatically adds the full height loadspace divider. Maybe this is what they're meaning?

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Going on the website, when you order the half height barrier it automatically adds the full height loadspace divider. Maybe this is what they're meaning?
My local agent, Jardines, added the half height cargo barrier for me. I didn't add it through the configurator. Why would you have to add the divider in order to get a cargo barrier? That must be a bug in the configurator. I'm beginning to wish I didn't make any changes to my original order now.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

I remember that exact scenario - in the early days you could have the half height and the divider, then later on it changed that you had to have the full barrier if you wanted the divider. edit - maybe it's changed again

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
Local time
Reaction score
Many thanks Steve - good to compare against BMW colours (although some don't seem that close). I can see at my local BMW dealer

Different cameras & lighting provide differing results but amazed how creamy the white and dark the mushroom seems.
It was quite difficult as BMW don't do many flat colours but I thought it may just give an idea for some who haven't seen the colours as I'm sure everyone is not a million miles away dfom a BMW dealer.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
10:56 AM
Reaction score
These are mini-cans?

Or has the office grown ... ?

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:56 AM
Reaction score
Hi I had the exact same conversation and I was sure I only ordered the half hight one!!

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
5:56 AM
Reaction score
These are mini-cans?

Or has the office grown ... ?

It’s a 200” television on a very large wall 😆

Steve - thanks for the effort you have put in on doing that. I know it’s more work but would it be possible to give your impression on match between the two.

Such as 75% match or very good match…some sort of rating would be great as at the minute I can’t make my mind up on some that seem quite a bit different.

Sorry I am very needy.

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
Local time
Reaction score
It’s a 200” television on a very large wall 😆

Steve - thanks for the effort you have put in on doing that. I know it’s more work but would it be possible to give your impression on match between the two.

Such as 75% match or very good match…some sort of rating would be great as at the minute I can’t make my mind up on some that seem quite a bit different.

Sorry I am very needy.
Right then @Shaky here we go,

Inky Black and BMW Black, both solid colours, Car drives past you I dare say you wouldn't know the difference.
Donny Grey and Sophisto grey, Donny grey ever so slightly darker with a bit more metallic in it and a thicker metallic if that makes sense. Again though, both fly past you on the motorway, would you spot the difference???
Britannia Blue and Imperial blue, Britannia just seems like a solid version of Imperial blue.
Magic Mushroom and Cashmere silver, Nothing like each other really, but it was as close as I could get with what I had.
Queens red and Piemont Red, good match to be honest, Piemont a little lighter in colour.
Scottish white and Mineral white, Not even close but I put a crisp clean white next to it to show the colour of the Scottish white
Sela Green and Sanremo green, Basically Sela seems like a solid version of Sanremo.
Sterling silver and Glacier silver, Sterling seems a little darker with a thicker metallic in it.
Shale Blue and Arctic race blue, Shale blue was just a couple of shades lighter.

My honest opinion would be if any of these cars drove past you on the motorway with the exception of Magic Mushroom and Scottish white in either the INEOS or BMW colour I think you'd have exceptional eye sight to spot that something wasn't right.

Next to each other in a car park yes you could see the difference with some being solid and some metallic.

Overall though this is just to help you all and give you a bit of a guide as not everyone will have seen the colours yet.

Hope this helps everyone.

Steve.

Last edited:

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
That "mushroom" panel looks metallic to me. The jerry can looks to be the right shade.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I really appreciate your help Steve.

When you say....."Scottish white and Mineral white, Not even close but I put a crisp clean white next to it to show the colour of the Mushroom." - do you mean that against mineral white, the scottish white looks like the mushroom?

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
Local time
Reaction score
I really appreciate your help Steve.

When you say....."Scottish white and Mineral white, Not even close but I put a crisp clean white next to it to show the colour of the Mushroom." - do you mean that against mineral white, the scottish white looks like the mushroom?
Sorry just edited it now, yes the Scottish white next to a "normal" white looks very creamy.

Back
Top Bottom