The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Claus from bavaria

Local time
11:26 PM
Reaction score
Hello from Bavaria/Germany
my name is Claus, I drive a nearly twenty year old Defender 110. I have decided on the Grenadir but still stuck in the configuration and hope in this forum to support my decision again and look forward to your impressions and experiences.

Attachments

• F0B1ED62-E3B7-4CF3-AEE2-2121CA216F78.jpeg
    F0B1ED62-E3B7-4CF3-AEE2-2121CA216F78.jpeg
    301.5 KB · Views: 27

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
3:26 PM
Reaction score
Hi @Clay welcome to the forum. There’s a big knowledge base here around the configurator now, so just ask, or have a search. As a question has probably been asked before and there’s probably a few discussions on the answer.
The bigger question to answer is which options you want verses which options you need. That seems to be the hard part ;)

Stu.

Joerg

Production/Transit
Local time
10:26 PM
Reaction score
Hi Claus
Welcome , great to see a fellow Bavarian here on the forum
We are living both in Bavaria and in Qeensland 😊
Configuration of your Grenadier very much depends on your main travel plan of course
We ordered a Trailmaster with bullbar rock sliders and winch as we are doing a lot of remote travel here in Australia
Roof rack depends on what you want to carry , just be aware of the fact that bars are only 28 kg while the platform is 60 kg

Local time
8:56 AM
Reaction score
Hi Claus
Welcome , great to see a fellow Bavarian here on the forum
We are living both in Bavaria and in Qeensland 😊
Configuration of your Grenadier very much depends on your main travel plan of course
We ordered a Trailmaster with bullbar rock sliders and winch as we are doing a lot of remote travel here in Australia
Roof rack depends on what you want to carry , just be aware of the fact that bars are only 28 kg while the platform is 60 kg
I hope the bars are 2.8 kg, and not 28 kg.

Local time
8:56 AM
Reaction score
Nope sorry
Platform is 60 kg and the bars are 14 kg each 😊
Wow 14kg per cross bar is ridiculous, I will be getting generic gutter mount cross bars like Rolla or yakima. I had triple Rolla gutter mount aero cross bars on my LR Discovery 2, extremely light, and very strong for 18 years without any issues, this included many heavily loaded trips, including the Fink Track, Cape Arnhem twice, the Simpson French Line, down the Tanami Track on the way to the Kimberley Gibb River Road, and many easy tracks like the Oodnadatta and Birdsville Tracks multiple times.
I sold the discovery 2 to my nephew who heavily loads the same roof bars with building materials, and they are still perfect.

Back
Top Bottom