The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Chuckle in Your Day! (AKA the joke thread)

Bushguide

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
11:29 AM
Reaction score
Just to make clear at some “blokes” that I understand Australian humour 😉

When I was in Australia in 2011 for almost two months, I hitchhiked quite a lot, just to be able to reach some remote places, and paid quite often the fuel of my driver when allowed to! Or some beer, or sometimes a meal.

Then there were these 4 young engineers who refurbished an old Mitsubishi Pajero and a very old Valiant and drove them from Melbourne to Darwin. They picked me up at Coober Pedy, and dropped me in Darwin, very nice guys.

On day 5, we made a detour to have a break, lunch and some beers at Daly Waters. I sat in the back of the Valiant. We reached the village, arrived at the pub, but the traffic light was red, so the driver stopped, until I told him that he could drive on and ignore the red light 😊 and go to the parking place.

View attachment 7799087
The service station opposite the pub now has the airframe of a Jetranger (206B helicopter) perched up on the roof.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:29 AM
Reaction score
Anybody met this scenario?

Attachments

• meat.jpg
    meat.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 71

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
A ziffer is someone like me who likes to call out "orzif" when something ridiculous or unbelievable happens in an action movie
I'm confused as hell and if this is how our non-native English speakers feel all the time, my apologies!

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:29 AM
Reaction score
I'm confused as hell and if this is how our non-native English speakers feel all the time, my apologies!
I think I am confused but I am not sure.
I recall being confused recently but I can't remember why
Luckily here in Australia we have a saying to resolve this issue
What the f**ck

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The "F" word is the greatest in the English language. It can be a noun (You dumb F), a verb (we were F...), and adjective (You effing idiot), a pronoun (you know, F-face), adverb (he was driving so effing slow), interjection (Holy F!) ...

Amazing word.

Back
Top Bottom