The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Chassis Pictures

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:31 PM
Reaction score
There does look line a heap of hidey holes for mud and cake to get in under that chassis. Will need a rigorous clean after the big hauls.
That's what I was thinking and thought some plastic undertray to keep the crap out ~ but then you'd create some nice hidey holes for mud to accumulate. Perhaps that's why on the Scottish journo gaunt they drove into the loch - to clean it off for snooping eyes.

Wayneos

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:31 AM
Reaction score

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:31 PM
Reaction score
Seriously hope IA have a game plan for that otherwise most certainly be going aftermarket to protect the trans.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Seriously hope IA have a game plan for that otherwise most certainly be going aftermarket to protect the trans.
That isn't a production undercarriage though, surely in final they WOULD/MUST have adequate protection for critical drive chain...??? By surely, I mean, mandatory.

Wayneos

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That isn't a production undercarriage though, surely in final they WOULD/MUST have adequate protection for critical drive chain...??? By surely, I mean, mandatory.

These are frame grabs from the Africa Overland vid showing a prototype. I doubt very much IA chose to put under body protection on a PT and decided against it for production vehicles. I think we'll be fine!

grenny_trans_protection01.jpggrenny_trans_protection02.jpg

Wayneos

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Cast aluminium cracks extremely easily if you hit a rock

Better cooling, more fluid (if you go the deeper pan), reusable, rigid and I hate plastic. Given the underbody protection (see above) I doubt that pan will ever see a rock.

Wayneos

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Wonder if some of the aftermarket replacement transmission pans are a direct fit, to replace the plastic pan and filter with a replacement metal pan with replaceable filter.

These guys make pans for 8HP50 and the 8HP75 (the Grenadier uses the 8HP51 and 8HP76) There may or may not be significant differences in the physical pans from the 50 to 51 and 75 to 76, but given that the pan fits across a range of ZF units, my guess would be that they would fit. There is also the cross reference to the BMW part number.

trans_pans.jpg

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:31 AM
Reaction score
I just payed more than 800 € for the exchange of the temperature sensor of the Adblue tank…
I hope they are better accessible in the Grenadier!
What vehicle was that on?

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
These guys make pans for 8HP50 and the 8HP75 (the Grenadier uses the 8HP51 and 8HP76) There may or may not be significant differences in the physical pans from the 50 to 51 and 75 to 76, but given that the pan fits across a range of ZF units, my guess would be that they would fit. There is also the cross reference to the BMW part number.

View attachment 7805307
I wouldn't trust them
They can't even spell aluminium correctly

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The plastic pan looks pretty high above the crossmember. Not impossible to hit, but pretty difficult.
the recommended oil change is 8 years/80,000km, so not a rush to decide….
it does seem that ineos are releasing additional underbody plates after launch. Might wait and see…

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
These are frame grabs from the Africa Overland vid showing a prototype. I doubt very much IA chose to put under body protection on a PT and decided against it for production vehicles. I think we'll be fine!

View attachment 7805303View attachment 7805304

We've also seen prototypes with diff guards fitted.

These may well be testing of the parts we've already been told by @Halliwell Jones Chester are/were coming in August:

Screenshot_20230306_072320.jpg

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
We've also seen prototypes with diff guards fitted.

These may well be testing of the parts we've already been told by @Halliwell Jones Chester are/were coming in August:

View attachment 7805319
Yes I was told the same by IA (except they didn’t mention a specific month when the parts would be available) at my PT-02 test drive last year. They also mentioned that the reason for the delayed availability for these parts was their original supplier was based in Ukraine.

The scale model has diff guards and a transmission guard in place as well - but it's just a model.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes I was told the same by IA (except they didn’t mention a specific month when the parts would be available) at my PT-02 test drive last year. They also mentioned that the reason for the delayed availability for these parts was their original supplier was based in Ukraine.

The scale model has diff guards and a transmission guard in place as well - but it's just a model.
In one of the more recent interviews Sir Jim says that ?58 components are sourced in the Ukraine.....

Inez

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
3:31 PM
Reaction score

I have the prototype scale model and my skid plates are plastic. Do you have the production scale model and are your skid plates metal?

Back
Top Bottom