The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

3rd party Videos Castor angle

NoMoTaco

Global Grenadier 0742
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:15 PM
Reaction score
A discussion on this video was initiated a few days ago, has some good input from others...

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
TL;DR - Video suggests people should crank their eccentric bolts to achieve 2 degrees to optimizing handling; however, factory spec is 2 degrees already.

Personal Opinion - Please don't go blindly adjusting caster (or any other alignment setting) without A) Knowing what you're doing, and B) An alignment rack to verify settings. Doing it blindly is a great way to introduce drivetrain woes and/or serious handling changes

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:15 PM
Reaction score
TL;DR - Video suggests people should crank their eccentric bolts to achieve 2 degrees to optimizing handling; however, factory spec is 2 degrees already.

Personal Opinion - Please don't go blindly adjusting caster (or any other alignment setting) without A) Knowing what you're doing, and B) An alignment rack to verify settings. Doing it blindly is a great way to introduce drivetrain woes and/or serious handling changes
Even though agreeing that one should proceed with extreme caution if choosing to adjust castor angle. I thought the TLDR video was extremely well presented and provided me with a good reminder of what Castor angle actually is, and how to observe the set up on the Grenadier. Fortunately I have found my steering to be top notch in the past 9000 miles. Doesn't however prevent me from wanting to make things even better, given the chance.

Local time
Reaction score
We knew it was caster all along. When kits with adjustable arms start to show up for 4" lifts, this issue will be in the rear view mirror.

Local time
Reaction score

There isn't enough adjustment in those bolts to do anything seriously bad.

Just keep in mind, those bolts are there to provide enough play to make up for tolerance slop from the manufacturer, and there may not be enough movement left in one or both bolts to make a significant change. If I was doing the eibach springs, I'd take the time to max those out.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Even though agreeing that one should proceed with extreme caution if choosing to adjust castor angle. I thought the TLDR video was extremely well presented and provided me with a good reminder of what Castor angle actually is, and how to observe the set up on the Grenadier. Fortunately I have found my steering to be top notch in the past 9000 miles. Doesn't however prevent me from wanting to make things even better, given the chance.
The only failing with the video was the lack of awareness that the advice being given (Set caster to 2 degrees) was the OEM specification. It's not an upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom