The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Can't order

Local time
11:38 AM
Reaction score
I just tried to order my Grenadier - Tried twice and the order process failed. Spoke to customer service and they said there are IT issues try again tomorrow. Not a good start to a company creating a vehicle that is still fairly unproven. 

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
4:38 PM
Reaction score
This is all fintech crap. There are so many parameters in the game, that it's almost unpredictable whether it will work or not.

One might wonder why this isn't a problem for amazon and the like. But amazon and other players are the finance market themselves, and not a car manufacturer. Ineos has never before been a B2C company, so they have probably run into all sorts of pitfalls lurking around the corners.

At the end of the day, of course, there are some responsible people who should have been better prepared. And I bet my balls they're all embarrassed themselves.

There is no shame in making mistakes. But it would be a shame not to learn from it.

Local time
11:38 AM
Reaction score
I ended up using a card from a different bank in the end. That worked first time, so obviously problems with specific payment gateways. 

cheswick

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:38 AM
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=emax userid=8900646 postid=1333047588]This is all fintech crap. There are so many parameters in the game, that it's almost unpredictable whether it will work or not.

One might wonder why this isn't a problem for amazon and the like. But amazon and other players are the finance market themselves, and not a car manufacturer. Ineos has never before been a B2C company, so they have probably run into all sorts of pitfalls lurking around the corners.

At the end of the day, of course, there are some responsible people who should have been better prepared. And I bet my balls they're all embarrassed themselves.

There is no shame in making mistakes. But it would be a shame not to learn from it.

[/QUOTE]

Obviously I am just guessing as I have no inside info, but the problem looks to be clearly on the payment processing side. You can see lots of people who just needed to try a different card and it worked.

Sadly the payment processing portion of a website is something you consume, not build yourself (unless you are one of the big entities like Amazon).

It looks like Ineos' chosen partner here isn't up to scratch but its half way through the race so has to stick to the horse that it started on.

Back
Top Bottom