Country Flags
Welcome back Guest think about enabling your country flag to let everyone know where you are based. Click on your username " Guest " or avatar at the top right of the screen and then 'Country Flag Select' pick your flag from the list. If your flag is not there then reach out...
The Grenadier Forum
Register a free account today, you'll be able to post, access to the Technical section of the site, access the classified ads, and participate in group buys as well as other benefits. If you are an INEOS Agent/Dealer please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account. Unsolicited sales by any 3rd party are strictly against the terms and conditions of the forum. If you wish to be a registered vendor or partner then please contact admin@theineosforum.com for further information.

BMW halts sale of all police cars to forces in UK with immediate effect

DCPU

Active Contributor
Contract Signed
Local time
8:55 AM
Reaction score
Country
Isle-of-Man

emax

Veteran Contributor
Grenadier Ordered
Local Group Moderator
Local time
9:55 AM
Reaction score
Country
Germany
They call it market economy.

The fire issues remind me of DaveB's posting about updating the B57 engines - because some engines caught fire.

Logsplitter

Contributor
Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Country
England
They call it market economy.

The fire issues remind me of DaveB's posting about updating the B57 engines - because some engines caught fire.
I’ve a mate in the Metropolitan police force and they have been switching over to Volvo for a while. And on the M27 the other day were passed by 2 unmarked and 2 marked Volvo xc90’s

Shaky

Contributor
Grenadier Ordered
Local time
3:55 AM
Reaction score
Country
United-Kingdom
There is no one preferred manufacturer for the UK police,

Audi, Vauxhall, Ford, BMW, Volvo and Peugeot seem to be amongst the most popular. Just depends what the local contracts manager fancies having for their own personal car next by the look of it.

rovie

Contributor
In Production
Local time
Reaction score
Country
Germany
There is no one preferred manufacturer for the UK police,

Audi, Vauxhall, Ford, BMW, Volvo and Peugeot seem to be amongst the most popular. Just depends what the local contracts manager fancies having for their own personal car next by the look of it.
In the past, the police have also driven Range Rovers. Is that no longer the case with the new models?

bemax

Active Contributor
In Production
Local time
Reaction score
Country
Germany
In the past, the police have also driven Range Rovers. Is that no longer the case with the new models?
Yes I remember a RR pulling me out on a motorway many years ago. It has been an a thrill as the RR had been really impressive in comparison to the police cars we had that time in Germany…

Shaky

Contributor
Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Country
United-Kingdom
That’s mainly motorway cops and these days they tend to go for the odd RR but the Discovery 5 and BMW X5 are more popular now.

rovie

Contributor
In Production
Local time
Reaction score
Country
Germany
That’s mainly motorway cops and these days they tend to go for the odd RR but the Discovery 5 and BMW X5 are more popular now.
Ok, thanks for the feedback.

ECrider

Active Contributor
Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Country
United-Kingdom
I used to like the old 70's/80's jam sandwich the Rover Vitesse SD1

rover-vitesse-police-car.jpg

emax

Veteran Contributor
Grenadier Ordered
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Yes I remember a RR pulling me out on a motorway many years ago
A RR is indeed a noble car for the police. Was it a Phantom or a Cullinan?

trobex

Contributor
Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I’ve a mate in the Metropolitan police force and they have been switching over to Volvo for a while. And on the M27 the other day were passed by 2 unmarked and 2 marked Volvo xc90’s
So they are Chinese supplied vehicles for security services?

CountyV8

Contributor
Local time
Reaction score
Country
Jersey
They also move them to auction with no MOT (not required for police ) so no record of milage ill let you guess how this goes.

Top Bottom