The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Best Walk-around Yet

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
7:17 AM
Reaction score
This is a fantastic video that gives a lot of detail on the Gren’s specs that I have not heard elsewhere.

https://youtu.be/Fo_WeQNvhho
The weight ratings for the Utility Belt are staggeringly good. Those aren’t “toy” features but really useful mounts. The static and dynamic roof loads are also excellent. This vid is well worth the watch.

Paachi

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I also love the rear door balance. Looks to be very well designed with an integrated door stop. He opened it with little to no effort at all. 

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:17 PM
Reaction score
Yeah that utility belt rating is impressive. Really looking forward to a fold down table/maxxtraxx holder on there that anchors on the rail and secures on the top tie down rail

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
What struck me was the lack of mention of speed or rev indicator on the small screen in front of the steering wheel, just warning and info about high low beams etc. If ever there was a design for a dashboard that screamed out for a Hud this is it, at least for me that is ha. 

There's been a very big push from INEOS about getting rid of electronics or at least keeping them to the minimum, but when there's no dedicated speedo (to a lesser degree rev counter) and you're relying on an infotainment system to provide you with that info then it gets a raised eyebrow from me. I may be wrong and have missed that in the gentleman's run down though....

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:17 PM
Reaction score
Thinking about it now, how well does a HUD Work with a fairly upright windscreen like the Grenadier has. Anyone had one in a jeep, FJ or Bronco?

I think the centre screen readouts will be fine once you get used to it. The screen is in a great position, and the mph is skewed towards the drivers side. 

grenadierguy

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
8:17 AM
Reaction score
Spjnr said:
I think the centre screen readouts will be fine once you get used to it. The screen is in a great position, and the mph is skewed towards the drivers side. 

Yeah I basically have the same thought. I like that in front of the driver is low. It would be nice to have a dedicated rev and speedo... but not a deal breaker IMO.

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Stu_Barnes said:
What struck me was the lack of mention of speed or rev indicator on the small screen in front of the steering wheel, just warning and info about high low beams etc. If ever there was a design for a dashboard that screamed out for a Hud this is it, at least for me that is ha. 

There's been a very big push from INEOS about getting rid of electronics or at least keeping them to the minimum, but when there's no dedicated speedo (to a lesser degree rev counter) and you're relying on an infotainment system to provide you with that info then it gets a raised eyebrow from me. I may be wrong and have missed that in the gentleman's run down though....

That's a really good point about the Speedo, and I've been thinking about it on and off since yesterday, and I think you are correct that not having an analog gauge for speed and RPM isn't exactly as simple and "Bush Proof" as the rest of the vehicle purports to be. But on the other hand, the stakes for failure are pretty low. If my speedo or Tach stop working on the display, I can still drive it pretty much indefinitely in that condition (might collect a few more speeding tickets depending on how well it delivers the HP!). 

I wonder if it will be easier to adjust the digital readouts for varying tire sizes (as compared to an analog version)? As you said, there's been a big push to reduce electronics, so what was the design reason behind the digital speedo and tach instead of one in the dash? They seem to have great reasons for everything else so I'd wonder what their articulated reason is for this one.

Back
Top Bottom