The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Battery drained.

Grenxer

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:20 AM
Reaction score
Sorry guys but I’m in a pickle ! I’ve had Jeeps , Land Rovers, Isuzu troopers ! And and many many more cars and I’ve always know how to charge the battery. But unfortunately, I accidentally left the keys in my Grenadier and completely drained the battery. Now I have scoured the owners manual, searched online for tutorials and even called the dealer for help but they never answered! I’m climbing out of my skin with frustration simply needing some direction here where it he heck is the battery located so I can charge the darn thing so I can get to work??? Anyone ? Please?

Reactions: PBD

parb

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Isn't the terminal you should use in the engine bay under the red cover on the left side in this photo?
Should also be a negative terminal nearby.
2023-ineos-grenadier-wagon-1.jpg

Vote:
Upvote 0

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:20 PM
Reaction score
Vote:
Upvote 0

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:20 PM
Reaction score
For the diesel my dealer recommended using big bolt in front of the positive terminal box.

Vote:
Upvote 0

angstorms

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
7:20 AM
Reaction score
You can see the positive lead go under the red cover as you said, negative lead you see silver metal header next to motor on left side, that is your ground plate for jumping and charging. You see the black cable leading back where clamp is conected in image bellow.
IMG_9187.jpeg

Vote:
Upvote 0

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:20 PM
Reaction score
That’s what I really appreciate about this site. Grenxer in a pickle but gets instant help. No carping as to how he could find the battery location by reference to a host of places from the owners manual to YouTube, to this forum! Just straight answers so he can get on with his life.
For myself, it was only the other day I found out modern cars electrics may be damaged by jump starting or even charging direct to the battery. The posts under the bonnet (hood) are the proper points for jump starting or charging, as already pointed out here.

Vote:
Upvote 0

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:20 AM
Reaction score
For myself, it was only the other day I found out modern cars electrics may be damaged by jump starting or even charging direct to the battery. The posts under the bonnet (hood) are the proper points for jump starting or charging, as already pointed out here.
I didn’t know that. I thought the points under the hood were for convenience when the battery is located in the cab as a secondary, more easily accessible jump/charge, point.

I will definitely keep your statements in mind for the inevitable, next time. 🤙🤙

Vote:
Upvote 0

Ovrland Bill

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
For the very first time I decided now was a good time to invest in a small starter pack. Opted for the NOCO 45 GBX
Although I keep a set of jumper cables in my LR Defender, I am hoping to not need to carry those or a “starter pack” in my gasoline (petrol) Trialmaster account the dual battery setup. Am I being too naive?

Vote:
Upvote 0

TD5-90

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:20 PM
Reaction score
Agh, the. battery drained thread. This after a ReGen (diesel). Car starts - but think I need a battery pack just in case.
It certainly is always a good idea to carry a dedicated starter battery with cables or a jump starter pack.

Regarding dpf regeneration, however, the best practice would be to finish the regen cycle driving, preferrably at elevated rpm and power. This has been discussed around here several times. Prevents both premature dpf failure and battery drain.

With modern vehicles, we have to accept who's master and who's subordinate...

Vote:
Upvote 0

Tomdoc

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have recently taken to carrying a NOCO in every vehicle we own. Really good bits of kit. Some even charge your phone (USB) in an emergency. They have saved my bacon three times this winter (our old VW battery was knackered - now renewed) plus two other complete strangers.

Vote:
Upvote 0

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Although I keep a set of jumper cables in my LR Defender, I am hoping to not need to carry those or a “starter pack” in my gasoline (petrol) Trialmaster account the dual battery setup. Am I being too naive?
I have a petrol Grenadier and keep jump leads and a Nocoboost GB70
i have never needed them for myself but used them for others. For myself it’s a good insurance policy

Vote:
Upvote 0

parb

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I have recently taken to carrying a NOCO in every vehicle we own. Really good bits of kit. Some even charge your phone (USB) in an emergency. They have saved my bacon three times this winter (our old VW battery was knackered - now renewed) plus two other complete strangers.

Me too. Got the noco a few years back and they have been great. Have a suburban with some weird leak current and this has been a lifesaver.

Vote:
Upvote 0

littlejump

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
You can see the positive lead go under the red cover as you said, negative lead you see silver metal header next to motor on left side, that is your ground plate for jumping and charging. You see the black cable leading back where clamp is conected in image bellow.
View attachment 7849447
I am doing the same with NOCO Genius 10 UK, as most of my time is school run and grocery so driving EV daily for easy navigating in town.

Are you able to charge up over 90%?

Mine only stops at 80% something and never beyond that level. Have to top it quite often.

Reactions: PBD
Vote:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom