The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

ATO ruling confirmed: no LCT

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:39 AM
Reaction score
Delighted to receive confirmation that Ineos have sought and received a  Luxury Car Tax exemption in Oz.

As you may be aware, INEOS Automotive have been working with the Australian Tax Office (ATO) on a Private Ruling exempting the Grenadier from Luxury Car Tax (LCT). The ATO has recognised that due to the Grenadier’s design, engineering and capability, it is not considered a Luxury Car for tax purposes and therefore all Wagon models, options and accessories are exempt from LCT.

The final invoice for your Grenadier will reflect this decision, so you will notice the total price will be lower due to the exclusion of LCT. In the meantime, if you have any questions or would like to modify your order on the back of this news, please contact our customer service team.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:39 PM
Reaction score
So how does it effect the buyer with it being a private ruling?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220802_141220.jpg
    Screenshot_20220802_141220.jpg
    473.2 KB · Views: 21

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I gather all that attachment means is that a publicly published version (eg wording) of a private ruling doesn't carry legal weight.

ATO defines a Private Ruling as binding advice that sets out how a tax law applies to you in relation to a specific scheme or circumstance in this context instructing the manufacturer to refrain from collecting and remitting LCT for the exempted vehicle/model.

So, for example, Jeep can't use the wording of the Ineos private ruling to, say, argue an exemption for the Wrangler or whatever.

At least that's my understanding, from the cheap seats.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:39 AM
Reaction score
I saw a photo today on an Aussie FB page of the compliance plate noting a GVM of 3500kg and not 3550kg as mentioned earlier. I trust this has no effect on the LCT ruling held by the IG.

Last edited:

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The 3550GVM was to avoid the new ADR side impact requirements, not a LCT issue.
Same reason why the 79 series has increased its GVM.

Euro GVM is 3500, OZ GVM is 3550
It must of been an Euro compliance plate.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom