The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Am I a Gambling Man?

Local time
9:07 PM
Reaction score
Hi, I'm living in Sydney and after a career travelling internationally I'm looking forward to getting about locally. Had an FJ40 in my youth but, back then, a 60 profile tyre was considered low profile and even family sedans could get along a fair way off the blacktop.  I also lived with a Fortuner for three years in Thailand.

Toyota's competent mediocrity doesn't really float my boat and, after nursing my Skoda on 45 profiles up the stony road to Gloucester Tops earlier this week, I just shook my head looking at the same profile tyre on a Defender on display at a nearby dealer yesterday.

So I'm very excited about the Grenadier and hanging on every gem of detail that has been unearthed. While the broad brush information paints the picture we want to see, they have been very guarded on important detail. Eg, they promote the toot button so prominently  but has anyone, anywhere, ever actually heard it? So, along with everyone else, I'm on the edge of my seat heading into the 28th hoping for the best and it hasn't been a gamble.

Local time
5:07 PM
Reaction score
Yeah I heard the toot button in a YouTube video, can't recall which but they explain why, the bike time affiliation and toot it.  Its a quieter less shocking horn to give a heads up without scaring someone

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:07 AM
Reaction score
Welcome aboard Marke3 - I think it's going to be a great ride.

Did you take the new Defender for a spin? What are they like to drive?

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:07 AM
Reaction score
I am so over hearing about the damn toot button. I can go months without using the horn in my car. 
A family member made a negative comment about no electric seats and I said I would be lucky to change the seat settings on my current car once every 2-3 months and then only if I am wearing safety boots I have to move the seat back a bit. 
The manual mirrors on the other hand will be a bit of a pain as I often dip the passenger side mirror when reversing. 

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:07 PM
Reaction score
With you DaveB on the mirror and reversing. In one of my old cars I had to lean across and open the passenger window and push the mirror down to see the curb/obstruction. Pain in the arse when I was in my 20's but now probably just painfull! Would like electric mirrors, handy off-road as well

acwiltshire

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
5:07 PM
Reaction score
This being a first for me on the forum. Am thinking that my 1965 Morris Minor also has a 'toot' button, but its more of a 'Parp' noise.

Back
Top Bottom